St Kitts - Reefs?

BoozinCroozin

We are beginning to look at excursions for our stop in St Kitts. We were hoping to find an excursion with nice reefs to snorkel. What I have seen from videos on YouTube is just rocks underwater with fish around. This is not my definition of a reef. We are looking for something that has corals, tropical fish. I don't want to spend $300 for a snorkeling excursion when I can see the same dead rocks from a beach for $15.

Does anyone know if this exists at St Kitts? 

6 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

We are beginning to look at excursions for our stop in St Kitts. We were hoping to find an excursion with nice reefs to snorkel. What I have seen from videos on YouTube is just rocks underwater with fish around. This is not my definition of a reef. We are looking for something that has corals, tropical fish. I don't want to spend $300 for a snorkeling excursion when I can see the same dead rocks from a beach for $15.

Does anyone know if this exists at St Kitts? 

The only place is Shitten Bay.  Bear in mind that even on a Cat/Tour you’ll see a good amount of small fish, but in general somewhat disappointing at best.  Then if the sea/tide is up you will see next to nothing.

NB.  The ship’s Catamaran Snorkel Tour is to “Snorkel” from a Catamaran and in no way guarantees the quality of “Seeing”, only you’ll be Snorkelling 

The same is for “Game Fishing”, as the ship will guarantee “Fishing” and not catching, as one sadly discovered.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
NB

3 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The only place is Shitten Bay.  Bear in mind that even on a Cat/Tour you’ll see a good amount of small fish, but in general somewhat disappointing at best.  Then if the sea/tide is up you will see next to nothing.

Thanks. That is kind of what I was seeing in videos. This port I don't know what to do. That catamaran idea is pretty nice, but it is expensive especially for only 45 minutes of snorkeling on what is not a good place. We will save the snorkeling for St Maarten and Grand Turk. 

Now I need to find something to do at St Kitts.

6 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Thanks. That is kind of what I was seeing in videos. This port I don't know what to do. That catamaran idea is pretty nice, but it is expensive especially for only 45 minutes of snorkeling on what is not a good place. We will save the snorkeling for St Maarten and Grand Turk. 

Now I need to find something to do at St Kitts.

The best “to/do” and miss the crowds and T’erds, is to visit Romney Manor (don’t forget to pass by the Rum tasting section - it’s hidden towards the back of the shop), or grab a day pass at the Marriott (follow the TE Protocol)

• Like 1