New Atlas Ocean Voyages info

keokukjoe

3 hours ago, chooms said:

Just read that the EU is putting the U.S. back on the banned list, so it probably will affect some upcoming cruises.. at least for the U.S. residents...

Also, have found out from a contact at Atlas that as of the Oct. 4 sailing all passengers must be vaccinated and provide proof....which is a big plus for many of us...also, adjustments have been made on the Laundry and WiFi  issues...but these adjustments will not be promoted and passengers will be informed when they board....

For those on Antarctica cruises, Atlas has already made arrangements for an alternate port of departure, in case Argentina remains closed to U.S. visitors and no allowances are made....Looks like Atlas is being proactive in addressing problems and getting them ironed out....

We all received an email from Atlas last week to upload our CDC cards to "MyAtlas". Very encouraging.

Can you share the laundry and Wi-Fi details? 

Is that one bag per person or per cabin per week? Is it just wash and fold or wash and press? I'm getting conflicting info directly from Atlas. Hope it's not just undergarments as was offered to a previous poster!

Also any update on the  "standard" Wi-Fi which was supposed to be included vs. the very limited allotment that was allowed on the early cruises?

13 minutes ago, keokukjoe said:

We all received an email from Atlas last week to upload our CDC cards to "MyAtlas". Very encouraging.

Is that one bag per person or per cabin per week? Is it just wash and fold or wash and press? I'm getting conflicting info directly from Atlas. Hope it's not just undergarments as was offered to a previous poster!

Also any update on the  "standard" Wi-Fi which was supposed to be included vs. the very limited allotment that was allowed on the early cruises?

I would advise against accepting any information unless confirmed through your travel agent (for those booked independently  - Go with God 🙂

This is the official policy on laundry. WiFi policy has also been updated but I didn't inquire regarding the specifics. 

Laundry and Dry Cleaning:

Suite guests receive one bag of complimentary laundry per 4 nights and

stateroom guests receive one bag of complimentary laundry per 8 nights

(And additional portion of 4 or 8 nights). The complimentary laundry services

will be washing and folding only and does not include pressing and hanging.

Additional laundry services are available for a charge and those are not

included in the cruise fare. There are no self-service laundry facilities on

board and dry cleaning are not available.

Edited by mringenoldus
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

I received my information from senior management about the changes I posted....the laundry would be 1 bag/stateroom per 8 days....anything other than that, I don't know...wifi will be as it is on other lines that provide basic wifi...which is basic web search, email, social media...upgrades would be available, $,  for streaming, etc...

other than mandatory vaccinations, the other amenity changes won't be promoted, but provided to passengers upon boarding....

Improvements and changes are still fluid, but the big change (vaccinations) is there as of Oct.4, and initial proof is now requested under MyAtlas....

On 8/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, chooms said:

For those on Antarctica cruises, Atlas has already made arrangements for an alternate port of departure, in case Argentina remains closed to U.S. visitors and no allowances are made....Looks like Atlas is being proactive in addressing problems and getting them ironed out....

Departure ports are very limited for Antarctica cruises, so I wonder what the alternative is? I hope they consider that all their passengers are not from the US.

1 minute ago, Lady Meer said:

Departure ports are very limited for Antarctica cruises, so I wonder what the alternative is? I hope they consider that all their passengers are not from the US.

was not told what are the alternative departure ports may be, but assume possibly Chile, Falklands or close location airport. Being such a small ship, there are probably a number of nearby available ports....the information I got was even if the port had to be changed, the cruise would go as scheduled....I suspect the transfer passage through Ushuaia will stay as planned, but Atlas is just being prepared for that contingency...

23 minutes ago, Lady Meer said:

For the Antarctica cruise on Atlas, it doesn't matter what country you are from. You'll just need to get to Orlando, FL (MCO) to pick up the charter flight to the departure port. 

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

For the Antarctica cruise on Atlas, it doesn't matter what country you are from. You'll just need to get to Orlando, FL (MCO) to pick up the charter flight to the departure port. 

Yup,

Guess I should have said that.....😄

Glenn

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

Flying to Orlando first makes no difference as UK rules will apply to any country we pass through or visit.

Ar present, as far as I know, we cannot go to any South American country regardless of how we get there. 

We are crossing our fingers that all this will change within the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Flying to Orlando first makes no difference as UK rules will apply to any country we pass through or visit.

Ar present, as far as I know, we cannot go to any South American country regardless of how we get there. 

We are crossing our fingers that all this will change within the next few weeks.

Same for the US - we cannot visit these ports right now either. What it seems (I'm speculating) Atlas is doing is trying to get a waiver somewhere since all passengers will be in a bubble - going from Orlando to a nearby airport on a chartered flight and going directly to the ship. It's likely we'll need to do some form of COVID testing as well as being vaccinated. We're okay with all this as long as we can sail. We've already had nine cruises canceled since this began, including an Australia/New Zealand cruise we were supposed to leave for on Feb 2, 2022, shortly after the Antarctica cruise. We were fortunate enough to take an Alaska cruise two weeks ago, the first since 2019. 

Hoping the best news for all of us!

3 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Unfortunately, even vaccinated UK citizens cannot travel to anywhere in the USA at present, even in transit. Hopefully this will change before your trip.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, amunhbuu said:

I posted this previously in our Antarctica roll call.  Who know what things will actually look like when we hit that season.

https://en.mercopress.com/2021/08/26/celebration-in-ushuaia-cruise-season-authorized-to-begin-on-20-october

this looks like there won't be any need for an alternate departure port....😁

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

Newest EU requirements for US citizens in this NYTimes article. So far only Italy has changed. Spain has not but will re-evaluate on 8/5.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/eu-us-travel-restrictions.html

Thanks!  NY Times is behind a paywall for me.  Here is a similar article:  https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/italy-applies-eus-recommendation-imposes-strict-travel-restrictions-on-us-visitors/

1 hour ago, Cybele 727 said:

Hi we are on board this cruise. Anyone else on board now ??

What are your impressions so far? We don't sail for another few weeks. Any pointers? How many passengers? Thanks.

Edited by keokukjoe

Hi, we are really enjoying the cruise so far. The people are wonderful and the food is execellent  . 
There are approximately 76 passengers on board. 
We have just heard that laundry can be pressed when returned. No irons available to borrow from the front desk. 
there are both 220 qnd 110 here on board ( curling irons from the US will work! ) 

for you Starbucks fans……🥲coffee is really poor, bring your own pods for the room !  We bought L’or and they fit the machine. 
wine….there are approx 3 wihites and 3 reds available for free. 
Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc ( both 6 Hats ) and Riesling ( German)

Syrah ( (6 hats), Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander RE ) , JovenTemprano  (Spanish )

I found the Sauvignon Blanc (6 Hats ) was my go to for white., And we bring red from on shore.  
Wine list does not look bad and prices fair.  They don’t mind you purchasing wine on shore to open at dinner.

I am still  trying to figure out how to get my clothes ironed as I like to take care of my good things myself and don’t want to appear that I always sleep In my clothes !!  
But we are happy to be cruising again !!

• Like 6

On 8/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, keokukjoe said:

Just wash and fold - the information I was given didn’t limit the type of clothes

59 minutes ago, Cybele 727 said:

Hi, we are really enjoying the cruise so far. The people are wonderful and the food is execellent  . 
We have just heard that laundry can be pressed when returned. No irons available to borrow from the front desk. 
there are both 220 qnd 110 here on board ( curling irons from the US will work! ) 

for you Starbucks fans……🥲coffee is really poor, bring your own pods for the room !  We bought L’or and they fit the machine. 

Syrah ( (6 hats), Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander RE ) , JovenTemprano  (Spanish )

I found the Sauvignon Blanc (6 Hats ) was my go to for white., And we bring red from on shore.  
Wine list does not look bad and prices fair.  They don’t mind you purchasing wine on shore to open at dinner.

I am still  trying to figure out how to get my clothes ironed as I like to take care of my good things myself and don’t want to appear that I always sleep In my clothes !!  

Hi Cybele:

Thank you for taking time out of your cruise to post. I really appreciate it. Would love an update concerning getting clothes pressed since Atlas now doesn't lend out irons or boards for passenger use. Are they including pressing or is there an extra per item charge? 

Did they provide binoculars in the staterooms or should we bring our own? 

Are the passengers following  and is the crew enforcing Covid era recommendations concerning masking and social distancing? I've heard mixed reviews about this from previous passengers.

Is the coffee at Paula's Pantry and in the restaurants better than what is provided in the staterooms? 

How is the WiFi service? I wonder if it has improved from previous voyages.

Is there anything that you wished you packed but didn't? 

Have you tried the room service for breakfast or during the rest of the day? 

Enough questions for now. Hope that you continue to enjoy your cruise.

We have not tried room service. But the restaurant food is excellent. The food at Paulas looks like mostly bread ( cookies, doughnuts, etc. ) they do have fresh juice and detox drinks.

I really miss having a big salad at lunch. Never on any menu mostly meat centric even at lunch. So today I just ordered a Greek salad at lunch. It seemed to surprise the staff but I go a small one , hurray!

laundry…ugh!  There is no talk of free laundry. I have a form that gives prices for either. “Wash & Press or Press Only “ .

we have met a friend that “ smuggled” an iron on board and always hides it from the steward!  She is very popular !!

as per the WiFi…when we checked in the front desk told us we get 500 mg for free. Then today a paper came around that said 125mg (  I think, lost it ) then after that you pay. 
I am just trying to stay off of it !!

And yes, there are beautiful bionoculars in each room and metal water bottles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cybele 727 said:

Thanks again for keeping us updated!

Are there any sparkling wine choices?

Have fun!

On 9/8/2021 at 5:14 AM, Cybele 727 said:

Thank goodness they allow wine brought onboard.  Do they charge a corkage fee?  As for the other issues, laundry WIFI etc., it astounds me how they continue to state one thing then renege over and over.  They are exhausting to deal with, untrustworthy and banking on people being travel deprived and willing to put up with whatever they choose to dish out.  Clearly passengers are simply a money stream to them.  BTW  I just googled 6 Hats wine.  It retails for $8-20/bottle.  Woo hoo!  Joven Temprano listed on the web as Tempranillo rated 3.6/5 retails for under $15.  I see some wine shoppin gin our future.  We'll be looking for some interesting Portuguese wines.

Hi all, we have really enjoyed the cruise. There has been no corkage fees for wine brought from shore. I feel that the people here on board are really trying to get up to speed and are not just interested in collecting your money. They are really trying to build something nice but can only handle the problems that bubble up to the surface. 
There are some major wiring issues that will be addressed when they stop at Lisbon. Internet continues to be a problem but I told all my friends I was on vacation and haven’t been on much. 
my biggest problem is laundry. So far they have done two free loads for us but we only can send socks, PJs and t shirts.  I have hand washed a couple of my good things and they did a good job ironing them. But most of my clothes at this point are dirty and wrinkled.  Amazing that laundry is such a big deal !

The champagne is not good but I have been told that they have 2 nice Proseccos. I will try them tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cybele 727 said:

Hi all, we have really enjoyed the cruise. There has been no corkage fees for wine brought from shore. I feel that the people here on board are really trying to get up to speed and are not just interested in collecting your money. They are really trying to build something nice but can only handle the problems that bubble up to the surface. 
There are some major wiring issues that will be addressed when they stop at Lisbon. Internet continues to be a problem but I told all my friends I was on vacation and haven’t been on much. 
my biggest problem is laundry. So far they have done two free loads for us but we only can send socks, PJs and t shirts.  I have hand washed a couple of my good things and they did a good job ironing them. But most of my clothes at this point are dirty and wrinkled.  Amazing that laundry is such a big deal !

The champagne is not good but I have been told that they have 2 nice Proseccos. I will try them tonight.

Thanks for the update!  If the Prosecco and Champagne are at the same price point, the Prosecco will usually win.  😉