Pricing for new Alaska cruises?

rboy000

10 hours ago, zodiac1 said:

We are interested in this Panama Canal repo.  Does anyone know when Celebrity will be offering this Sept. 17, 2021 cruise?  

Consider that some of the ports are in Mexico,  Central America and South America, which are behind in vaccinations and are some of the current COVID hotspots?  i would think this cruise will not likely go.

Personally, I could not imagine doing an Alaskan cruise in an inside cabin.  Book those balconies, bring your binoculars and cameras and enjoy the views!  For us, it's all about the breathtaking scenery and wildlife up there, and the other cruise activities in which we usually partake when we head to the Caribbean were unimportant to us as we used every opportunity to take in Alaska's beauty.  We've gone twice and spent almost every waking hour that we weren't dining or grabbing drinks out on our balcony. It was a truly awesome experience.  Sure, you can hang out on a public deck, but not having to deal with procuring a chair or a prime spot and being able to duck back into our own cabin when needed was wonderful.  We approach the Alaskan cruises very differently than the Caribbean cruises. I could book an inside cabin for the Caribbean since it's pretty much just water, water and more water in between the ports, and we take advantage of many of the ship's activities during those cruises.  However, we just want to take in as much of the scenery and wildlife viewing as we can when up in Alaska and consider a balcony to be a must for us.  Of course, you may feel differently if you haven't cruised before and want to take in a wider variety of the cruise activities or if some of the other activities are favorites of yours.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Consider that some of the ports are in Mexico,  Central America and South America, which are behind in vaccinations and are some of the current COVID hotspots?  i would think this cruise will not likely go.

Good points to consider.  It will go with or without passengers.  It has to get back to Miami.   I'd take this as I wouldn't get off the ship but not at the price I suspect they will be asking for it.   Plus I'm hoping to be in the ABC islands on Equinox at the time.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, wrk2cruise said:

This was posted on another thread.  A nice 16 night repo to Miami.  We did one just like this on Infinity many years ago.  Sea days are great.

image.png.3931f19bb30b835e765e6cb925802a7a.png

I saw this on the Celebrity Commitment website and was interested because I had been booked on the 26th September 2021 16-night Panama cruise from LA which Celebrity cancelled when they decided to move Millennium to St Martin.  However, when my TA contacted them to ask about it, Celebrity effectively denied all knowledge and the whole Summit 2021 deployment listing has now disappeared from the website.

Further to my previous post, I've now discovered that the 24 Sep 21 Panama cruise which multiple Celebrity departments (according to my TA) say they know nothing about, is clearly listed on the Celebrity app!

It gives the full itinerary from 24 Sep-10 Oct 21 as shown on the deployment list.

I tried to book an A1 AquaClass room for one of the August sailings to Alaska on the Summit.  I was told that X is not selling inside cabins or A1 AquaClass so I opted for an A2.  Since this means reduced capacity on the ship that could be why the prices seem higher.

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Further to my previous post, I've now discovered that the 24 Sep 21 Panama cruise which multiple Celebrity departments (according to my TA) say they know nothing about, is clearly listed on the Celebrity app!

It gives the full itinerary from 24 Sep-10 Oct 21 as shown on the deployment list.

I'm not seeing it there.  What are you searching for.   I selected Sept and then selected Summit from list of ships.

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm not seeing it there.  What are you searching for.   I selected Sept and then selected Summit from list of ships.

Just checked, still there. I go to list of ships on the app, select Summit. A list of dates comes up and when I click on 24 Sep-10 Oct 21 it brings up the full itinerary for the Panama cruise starting in Seattle.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, TeeRick said:

You may be correct.  This could also be an issues for the Millennium Panama Canal cruises in October.   I guess I'll wait a little longer before making airline reservations.