Just Booked Mariner for a Christmas Cruise, What Should We Know?

Howdy folks!

We've cruised RCI three times, but never for a holiday, especially a high holiday like Christmas.  Nor have we sailed on the Mariner of the Seas.  

Any tips for first time Christmas cruisers?  Any watch-outs?

Also, anyone stay in Cabins 1100-1106?  What are the balconies like?

Thanks.

Edited by LEMJMcC

Love Mariner...was my very first RCI ship when she was brand new, with her home porting at our local port.  🙂 

Christmas cruise...be prepared for lots...and lots...of children.  If you are fine with that...you will have a good time.  

We've done Christmas on RCI twice (Brilliance and Oasis) and once on DCL. All were very nice. The ships are decorated nicety, there are special events such as Santa visiting, carols on Christmas Eve, etc. They make it very special.

Edited by ricka47

We were on this cruise in 2019.  It was so much fun!  The one thing I wasn't prepared for was how crowded the main dining room was on Christmas morning and how so many people came in their holiday pjs!  We stayed on the ship on Christmas day when we were docked in Nassau because all of the excursions were very pricey.  We loved the nearly empty ship and getting to do whatever we wanted.  Have a great time!

Thanks for the responses.  We are looking forward to a different, yet very special, Christmas celebration this year...

I'm hoping that by then we don't have to even consider the possibility of a cancellation by RCL due to C-19!  I'm really expecting a mask-free time for all...I don't want to have to carry a mask around with me onboard or anywhere else for that matter!