Easy On/Off hotel near-ish to Cape Liberty when driving from Maine?

cooncat_mom

My daughter and I are booked for a Sept. 19 Oasis cruise that might just sail!  We’re driving down to Cape Liberty from New England and are wondering about a hotel around 30-60 minutes from the port.  We don’t need anything fancy - clean and safe and not ridiculously expensive are all we’re looking for.   We don’t know NJ (other than driving through it on the way to Florida!) and will probably be traveling I-95. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

My daughter and I are booked for a Sept. 19 Oasis cruise that might just sail!  We’re driving down to Cape Liberty from New England and are wondering about a hotel around 30-60 minutes from the port.  We don’t need anything fancy - clean and safe and not ridiculously expensive are all we’re looking for.   We don’t know NJ (other than driving through it on the way to Florida!) and will probably be traveling I-95. Thanks!

There are many hotels in the Secaucus area not far from the NJ Turnpike (I 95) including Courtyard by Marriott, Embassy Suites, Extended Stay and more. Also shopping and restaurants in the area.

If you're willing to drive a few minutes further and be just a 10 minute drive to the port there are numerous hotels on International Blvd. in Elizabeth just off the NJ Turnpike (I-95) near the airport including Embassy Suites, Courtyard by Marriott , Residence Inn by Marriott, Extended Stay America and more. These hotels are also near The Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall and chain restaurants such as Chili's, Applebee's and IHOP.

I know the airport area is fairly close but wasn’t sure how easy that area was to navigate! Thanks - will do some looking at price$ 😊

Edited by cooncat_mom
Spelling 😝

2 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

I know the airport area is fairly close but wasn’t sure how easy that area was to navigate! Thanks - will do some looking at price$ 😊

The hotels on International Blvd. are easy to get to from Exit 13A of the NJ Turnpike.

If you are crossing into NJ via George Washington Bridge, off the NJ Turnpike in Ridgefield Park are a Hampton Inn & Hilton Garden Inn which are about 20-25 miles from the cruise port via NJTP. Nearest restaurants, 2-3 miles, would require you to travel on route 46 west.

One option, if you are on I-95 from Maine, you might consider staying at a motel in Stamford CT - several near the train station, if they do not offer cheap long term parking, the Harbor Garage - then train to Newark Penn Station - about $11 and an hour and a half.   It is a bit round-about, but it is a good way to avoid driving in/near NYC and northern New Jersey.

Thank you for the suggestion!  We’ve done both the drive and the train to Bayonne. We cross over the Tappan Zee bridge and actually don’t mind the drive.  We were well broken in by driving to Florida every year to see Grandma for about 15 years! Usually we stay in the Darien area but have been a little sorry we didn’t stay closer. It would make the morning we go to port a little more relaxing and we’d get there earlier.  Very much hoping this happens!

If you are crossing via Tappan Zee Bridge there are other options. Take 287 to Garden State Parkway to Paramus area for a choice of hotels. Paramus is the mall capital of New Jersey, there will be numerous dining options.

This option will add to your driving time. Take 287 to Parsippany. There is an Embassy Suites adjacent to the exit and other choices within 2-3 miles. Dining along rt 46. Parsippany will be more quiet and serene than any other listed area though the extra driving may negate that benefit. From Parsippany take 287 to 24 to 78 to the port

• Like 1