Rccl visa rewards using on cruise discount

I have always used my rewards points as OBC but there was a recent thread saying you could use them as a cruise discount, essentially like my rewards making a $500 payment for me towards an Existing cruise reservation.

My question is , I am booked thru a big book TA , will this change my ability to apply the rewards thru the credit card portal. AND will my BB TA be told I owe less, when my final payment comes do? (since they auto draft my credit card if any balance is due on final payment date)

I tried once using my rewards points towards my cruise and because I didnt book my cruise directly through the cruise they wouldnt let me apply my points.  Since then I always book directly with the cruise line and find them more accommodating also with any changes I make.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

I tried once using my rewards points towards my cruise and because I didnt book my cruise directly through the cruise they wouldnt let me apply my points.  Since then I always book directly with the cruise line and find them more accommodating also with any changes I make.

TY for the reply, just what I needed to know 😁

• Like 1

I booked thru a big book ta once and they would not allow me to use points for a discount-  I switched to a ta friend who will allow me to use the portal to apply my points for dollars off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newcruzer2 said:

I have always used my rewards points as OBC but there was a recent thread saying you could use them as a cruise discount, essentially like my rewards making a $500 payment for me towards an Existing cruise reservation.

My question is , I am booked thru a big book TA , will this change my ability to apply the rewards thru the credit card portal. AND will my BB TA be told I owe less, when my final payment comes do? (since they auto draft my credit card if any balance is due on final payment date)

I actually just did this for my August (hopefully) cruise and I used a TA.  You simply go online, click redeem my points.  You will have a drop down menu, pick your reward, go to check out.... then, you will be asked for your reservation information and that's it.  It took about 1 week to post to my balance... I never had to involve my agent, it was all done through Bank of America's website.  I've done this many times with no problem.  Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, bulldogmommy said:

I actually just did this for my August (hopefully) cruise and I used a TA.  You simply go online, click redeem my points.  You will have a drop down menu, pick your reward, go to check out.... then, you will be asked for your reservation information and that's it.  It took about 1 week to post to my balance... I never had to involve my agent, it was all done through Bank of America's website.  I've done this many times with no problem.  Hope this helps.

Ditto 

39 minutes ago, bulldogmommy said:

TY for such DETAILED info, I will try it. 😁

• Like 1

the time I am referring to that the agency would not allow me to use my points for dollars off,  i was able to get royal caribbean to do it but royal went to the agency to confirm thats what they would allow me to use my points for and the agency declined.......hope you are successful getting your dollars off!  things may have changed from that unfortunate time i had to now-  it has been many years ago

I  cashed in 50,000 Visa points last night online to get $500 off my cruise for September and in less than 24 hours it was processed.  Different from years ago when I cashed in points and had to call up the credit card company and then it took a week or two to be processed. 

• Like 1