Spirit, Dinner time and showtimes.

TomTN

First time on SS. We are looking at a cruise next April/May in the Med. 

Is there a main restaurant on Silver spirit? What time is dinner typically served?  How about the other restaurants? 

When is showtime? What time is that? DW likes to go more often than not.

I like everything I see except for the dress code. I was able to quit wearing suits in the 80s except for weddings and funerals. 

I often wear a jacket to fly so that isn't a problem. I hate to pack a suit, but I will. I travel light these days.

33 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Is there a main restaurant on Silver spirit?

What time is dinner typically served?  How about the other restaurants? 

I like everything I see except for the dress code. I was able to quit wearing suits in the 80s except for weddings and funerals. 

I often wear a jacket to fly so that isn't a problem. I hate to pack a suit, but I will. I travel light these days.

There are various restaurants, but Atlantide is the most like a main dining room.  La Terrazza is also large with a varied menu.

Dinner generally begins at 7 pm throughout the ship, except for the al fresco pizza restaurant that is open all day and through the evening and Silver Note (the supper club) that begins at 8.

There are occasional pre-dinner shows. But shows are generally 9:30-10 pm.

There is really no need to pack a suit.  On formal nights one can dine al fresco and casual at the Grill or the pizza restaurant.  Or one can wear jacket and slacks at La Terrazza  on formal nights.  On informal nights a jacket and slacks (no necktie) are sufficient throughout the ship.  La Terrazza is always one step below the rest of the ship in dress code.  So one can dress casual on informal nights in La Terrazza. 

5 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Is there a main restaurant on Silver spirit? What time is dinner typically served?  How about the other restaurants? 

To add to Observer’s excellent reply, dinner time tends to extend where most everyone is seated by 9:00p, although we have sat down to dinner as late as 10:00p in La Terrazza.

Also, as a couple who loves formal nights where I get to wear my suits and tuxedo, I’ll be the first to admit you don’t have to bring yours as there are several dining options where you can dress informally, or even casually, on formal nights.  There really is something for everybody on SS where you can dine with likeminded individuals. So, don’t stress about the dress code, because you’ll have a great time on the Spirit.

Have fun planning!

23 hours ago, Observer said:

There are various restaurants, but Atlantide is the most like a main dining room.  La Terrazza is also large with a varied menu.

Dinner generally begins at 7 pm throughout the ship, except for the al fresco pizza restaurant that is open all day and through the evening and Silver Note (the supper club) that begins at 8.

There is really no need to pack a suit.  On formal nights one can dine al fresco and casual at the Grill or the pizza restaurant.  Or one can wear jacket and slacks at La Terrazza  on formal nights.  On informal nights a jacket and slacks (no necktie) are sufficient throughout the ship.  La Terrazza is always one step below the rest of the ship in dress code.  So one can dress casual on informal nights in La Terrazza. 

23 hours ago, Observer said:

There is really no need to pack a suit.  On formal nights one can dine al fresco and casual at the Grill or the pizza restaurant.  Or one can wear jacket and slacks at La Terrazza  on formal nights.  On informal nights a jacket and slacks (no necktie) are sufficient throughout the ship.  La Terrazza is always one step below the rest of the ship in dress code.  So one can dress casual on informal nights in  La Terrazza. 

We are also first time cruisers on SS. We will be on Silver Whisper, and I also have not packed a suit in over ten years. On formal nights, or any other night for that matter, would we be able to order in suite dining from The Restaurant? Or is in suite dining limited to the room service menu

3 minutes ago, BBQ Lover said:

On formal nights, or any other night for that matter, would we be able to order in suite dining from The Restaurant? Or is in suite dining limited to the room service menu

I may be corrected on this, but I think that room service is limited to the (very ample!) room service menu.  It used to be the case that one could order from the Restaurant menu, but I think that option was removed around the same time that the room service menu was expanded.

• Like 1

Every evening menus from the restaurants are left in your suite.  Our most recent experience from March 2019 on the Whisper, but not the Spirit, was that you could order anything from anywhere with no restrictions. If you wanted food outside restaurant hours then the Room Service menu was where to go. We would sometimes have a mixture from either the Restaurant, La Terrazza or Room Service.  I'm sure the wonderful Sumit, our Butler, was delighted at that!!
Enjoy your first SS cruise, I’m sure you'll be hooked and rebook again and again.
Miss Merry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miss Merry said:

Every evening menus from the restaurants are left in your suite.  Our most recent experience from March 2019 on the Whisper, but not the Spirit, was that you could order anything from anywhere with no restrictions. If you wanted food outside restaurant hours then the Room Service menu was where to go. We would sometimes have a mixture from either the Restaurant, La Terrazza or Room Service.  I'm sure the wonderful Sumit, our Butler, was delighted at that!!
Enjoy your first SS cruise, I’m sure you'll be hooked and rebook again and again.
Miss Merry

For many years since I began sailing SS in '90s, a menu for the Restaurant (but not other outlets) was left in the suite at turndown.  This is still available on special request.  But with daily menus for all outlets available on the TV and in recognition of the desire for sustainability, I do not believe it is any longer the default mode.

Your butler had a workout getting you food from both the Restaurant and LaTerrazza, since those galleys are on different decks, etc.  I know that no semi-reasonable request will be rejected on SS, but ....

• Like 3

It was our Butler who suggested it as he knew our favourite dish was duck ragout from Le Terrazza.  I don't  think though that twice in over two months taxed him too much.  As the crew are so accommodating we make sure not to take advantage and treat them with care and respect.

MM