Royal Caribbean reverses, won’t require passengers on U.S. cruises to be vaccinated

The problem, as I see it, is not a fear of becoming infected because we have been vacinated since the end of January. The fear is an outbreak of covid-19 among the the unvaccinated and the small medical center onboard becomes overwelmed forcing the ship to make an emergency stop somewhere to off load the sick passengers thus spoling the cruise for the rest of the passengers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The thing with people not having a clue is so past old and ridiculous. How many times does someone have to say that they are more concerned about the cruise having to turn back to port due to an outbreak? At this point since I’m vaccinated I don’t care if unvaccinated pass covid on to other unvaccinated and get really sick. That’s their problem. I just don’t want my vacation shortened because of them. Understand now?????

What makes you think that would happen? Are you basing your theory on the Diamond Princess? Haven’t we learned a lot since then?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Reverses?  I think Richard Fain came out a week or so ago and said Royal would not require vaccines, only Celebrity Cruises would.  This link is blocked if you don't have a subscription.

Agree, not new. I'd Board tomorrow if my Ship hadn't already been Canceled. All this talk from some Masks be around forever, we'll require boosters by Fall. Nope, looks like Cases down over 95%, Masks on way out. And with Hundreds Millions of Vaccines, Hundred Million with Natural Immunity we have Herd Immunity within reach. Yeah!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Have you heard of hurricanes, much the same, the cruise you book to Bermuda becomes a cruise to Canada or a return to port.  

My first 14 years Cruising never had Cruise stick to every Island/time, EC became WC, mostly Hurricanes, a Civil War or 2. Had made Diamond by time went on Cruise that we hit every scheduled Port. 

I attended a huge outdoor sporting event two weekends ago. No masks. No social distancing. Everyone had a great time packed together in a stadium like sardines. And there have been zero reports of anyone getting sick. 

Stop living in fear. Get on with life. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1