When will they cancel July Meraviglia sailings?

Host Joe

I see that they are now cancelled until their start in August..we are booked on 7/31, but the official cancellation has not happened yet. Wondering when they will cancel and offer FCC. Have they been giving 125% value? If so I will wait to rebook until that happens. Thank you for any insight. 

16 hours ago, Host Joe said:

I see that they are now cancelled until their start in August..we are booked on 7/31, but the official cancellation has not happened yet. Wondering when they will cancel and offer FCC. Have they been giving 125% value? If so I will wait to rebook until that happens. Thank you for any insight. 

MSC website just says an FCC for the value of the cruise. A refund  can then be requested.

I will take my money and run to a cruise line that understands the value of vaccinations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just booked for July 3rd last weekend.  I spoke with 3 different customer reps and no one said anything about not sailing.  I was under the assumption (yes, I know the saying) that if a sailing was not available it would not be listed as such and therefore not be able to book - I looked online first.  For example, NCL, no cruises available in July, Aug or Sept from Miami.  So we had wanted to sail MSC for awhile now and saw there were cruises available for this time frame.  I called and booked and called twice more with questions and at no time did anyone even hint that this sailing would not happen.  

Guess I'll be calling again.......

59 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

MSC website just says an FCC for the value of the cruise. A refund  can then be requested.

I will take my money and run to a cruise line that understands the value of vaccinations.

Better hurry, the list is getting shorter by the day. NCL, Royal and Carnival are all hedging on the question of requiring people to be vaccinated. BTW I agree with you on vaccinations, but I don't make the call on whether they'll be required, the cruise lines do.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Better hurry, the list is getting shorter by the day. NCL, Royal and Carnival are all hedging on the question of requiring people to be vaccinated. BTW I agree with you on vaccinations, but I don't make the call on whether they'll be required, the cruise lines do.

Tire of the political grandstanding here in Florida.  I am looking at HAL in Alaska or Viking in Iceland.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, waterbabies7415 said:

Just booked for July 3rd last weekend.  I spoke with 3 different customer reps and no one said anything about not sailing.  I was under the assumption (yes, I know the saying) that if a sailing was not available it would not be listed as such and therefore not be able to book - I looked online first.  For example, NCL, no cruises available in July, Aug or Sept from Miami.  So we had wanted to sail MSC for awhile now and saw there were cruises available for this time frame.  I called and booked and called twice more with questions and at no time did anyone even hint that this sailing would not happen.  

Guess I'll be calling again.......

NCL just added a couple days ago Gem out of Miami in August.

Homosassa just started a thread with the official letter detailing the newly canceled cruises on Meraviglia, Armonia and Divina:

Edited by capriccio