Seattle cruise port-scooter rentals?

ap0805

Hello to everyone,

Wondering if anyone knows if at Seattle cruise port, do/ will they rent scooters before you get on the ship? I've always rented a scooter and it is left in our room but my disability is getting to the point where walking to the room is exhausting.

Any information appreciated.

Hi there,

When you get to the port and are waiting outside or inside in line, tell one of the crew or workers there that you need a wheelchair and someone will bring one and push you to check in and then to your room.  Happy sailing!

I would go one step farther and make that request when you fill out the paperwork for your accessible cabin.  I have a series of interviews from most of the cruise lines about how they help the passengers with challenges, and I also have examples of how to fill out the paperwork and request assistance.

youtube.com/c/travelingwithachair

Contact your cruise line's Access Department (search on the cruise line's website for their contact info).  I don't know what cruise line you are sailing on, but they should have wheelchairs available (and people to push them) at the dock or at check-in.   Your wheelchair pusher can push you to your room (if it's ready) or a public lounge or restaurant.   They will take the wheelchair with them once they drop you off.  

Also, the Access Department will need to know about any mobility issues and they will have you complete a form ahead of time.