MSC Meraviglia Cabin Assignment Disappeared

hbboers

I have been booked on the Meraviglia Sept 18 cruise for months. I just received an e mail on itinerary change and when I checked my cruise, my cabin assignment went to a GTY from a confirmed cabin. Called MSC and had to select a new one. No reason was given. You may want to check your booking if you have a cabin you like.

Received same email. 
Looked up cruise details and ours was guarantee also. Had to call and get stateroom back.

in reading the email, sounds like  we can change  to another cruise without penalty before final payment. Increase in fare would be due on new cruise. Thought we could already do that?

Also, refund may be requested before final payment without penalty . I guess you would get your deposit refunded?

email is strangely worded….

we were hoping they would allow lift and shift but, no.

Edited by phissy

4 hours ago, hbboers said:

I have been booked on the Meraviglia Sept 18 cruise for months. I just received an e mail on itinerary change and when I checked my cruise, my cabin assignment went to a GTY from a confirmed cabin. Called MSC and had to select a new one. No reason was given. You may want to check your booking if you have a cabin you like.

I just looked ours up and saw the same thing. Our cabin is now available for general booking. But I have the confirmation with the number. Did you have any problems getting an assigned cabin? Obviously we booked one to begin with. There’s actually one on aft it’s a little bit nicer. I wonder if they would let us have that balcony instead now? It’s the same fantastic experience we originally booked. Of course prices went up at this point but I assume they will  Allow us to choose a cabin since the problem is on their end.

I have B2B reserved. One of my cruises still has the room I reserved while the other changed to not assigned. I called the other day and the receptionist I spoke with didn't know what she was doing because she said she couldn't assign me a room yet others here were able to get their rooms back. 

I'm going to try again tomorrow because as of right now my same room is available for the second half of my B2B. It's stupid for me (and whoever is cleaning my room) to have to change rooms half way through my cruise when the room is available. 

Follow up on room change:

I already responded on another thread but if a representative tells you they can't change your room back and you know it's available either ask to speak to a different representative or call back to speak with a different one.

I was on the phone for over 30 mins with one rep the other day who couldn't do it. Today, it was less than a couple minutes to have a different representative assign me my old room number.

Yes, this is totally dependent on agent at the other end.

We were told we were GTY because our cabin was for 4 and we were only 2 people.

I pressed her on that fact as we were able to get our cabin selection at time of booking.

(Did not mention that all cabins suddenly became available for sale when they changed itinerary)

As this was a YC stateroom, most will be couples rather than families of 4. 

Asked that we just get our previous cabin reassigned.  Finally, she agreed and send email with confirmation.  

We are also B2B and worked hard to make sure we had same cabin for both weeks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phissy said:

Yes, this is totally dependent on agent at the other end.

We were told we were GTY because our cabin was for 4 and we were only 2 people.

I pressed her on that fact as we were able to get our cabin selection at time of booking.

(Did not mention that all cabins suddenly became available for sale when they changed itinerary)

As this was a YC stateroom, most will be couples rather than families of 4. 

Asked that we just get our previous cabin reassigned.  Finally, she agreed and send email with confirmation.  

We are also B2B and worked hard to make sure we had same cabin for both weeks.

Interesting. I never got an email confirmation. I think I'm going to have to call and request one.

11 hours ago, aladybysea said:

I just looked ours up and saw the same thing. Our cabin is now available for general booking. But I have the confirmation with the number. Did you have any problems getting an assigned cabin? Obviously we booked one to begin with. There’s actually one on aft it’s a little bit nicer. I wonder if they would let us have that balcony instead now? It’s the same fantastic experience we originally booked. Of course prices went up at this point but I assume they will  Allow us to choose a cabin since the problem is on their end.

Supposedly the cabin I picked was now a blocked cabin. I was moved to another deck but in the same category. So as long as it's still in the category I'd think you should be able to move. 

39 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Supposedly the cabin I picked was now a blocked cabin. I was moved to another deck but in the same category. So as long as it's still in the category I'd think you should be able to move. 

Sounds like they are blocking certain cabins to maintain limited capacity and distance of passengers on each deck.

Also, it has been reported that MSC is setting aside blocks of cabins in each category for quarantine of covid cases.

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

Interesting. I never got an email confirmation. I think I'm going to have to call and request one.

I also received an email confirmation. My booking is now showing it online too.

We were able to get an aft facing veranda when we had our TA call back in... Anyone here have experience with the wider balconies on the aft facing verandas? The only email confirmation I received was from my TA.

deck.JPG

Edited by Chrisfromco

I was talked out of picking one of these cabins. The veranda looked very nice but the agent on the phone told me that she has been on hundreds of these cruises and why in the world would you want to pick one where you have a shared door that will pick up noise so easily from people you’re not family with.  I’m still questioning that. We ended up picking 12263. That was based on her recommendation. The other cabin that you chose looks larger from the layout. I would love an answer on that one as well

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aladybysea said:

I was talked out of picking one of these cabins. The veranda looked very nice but the agent on the phone told me that she has been on hundreds of these cruises and why in the world would you want to pick one where you have a shared door that will pick up noise so easily from people you’re not family with.  I’m still questioning that. We ended up picking 12263. That was based on her recommendation. The other cabin that you chose looks larger from the layout. I would love an answer on that one as well

Yes, I can see the risk of that. Hopefully with limited occupancy the inside cabin will remain empty??? We actually have 12350 as well. I was trying to decide whether to trade with my in-laws who are sailing with us.