Baltimore vs Florida Feb 2023

We have always cruised out of Florida or San Juan.    We are looking at two cruises for our 30th anniv.  One leaves out of Florida and is a nine night cruise with three sea days. The other is a twelve night and leaves out of Baltimore with 5 or 6 sea days.  Ports are similar and all are repeats of past cruises so ports are not a deciding factor.  I sure like what seems to be the convenience of Baltimore as we can drive there in 5 hours instead of the 14 to Florida (or fly to Florida).  But, I am wondering how many of the sea days would be COLD COLD COLD.  Of the first three sea days in the dead of winter, would you reasonably expect one or two sea days to be uncomfortably cold?  I am certain the first and last sea days could be bitter.  I know that no one can predict the weather; just wondering if anyone has done a cruise out of Baltimore in winter and what it was like.   Neither of us are sun babies;  we love the warm ports, but past cancer keeps either of us from toasting ourselves for hours on deck.  We prefer to lounge under the lifeboats with a good book watching the waves.   Thank you for your help.  

Baltimore probably will be colder than Virginia in February, but you will be in Virginia by the next morning.  All of the Royal Caribbean ships we've sailed on from Baltimore have indoor pool areas (the Solarium).  It will be cold and breezy on deck for the first day or two, but should warm up by the time you get to the Carolinas, at least in our experience.  I wouldn't expect bitter freezing temperatures, unless the entire coastal area was experiencing these, and who can predict the weather?!

We cruise from nearby New York/New Jersey every February. 

Typically for cruises that sail from the northeast during the winter it will go cool the first and last sea day. By the late afternoon on the second sea day it will start to warm up. 

There will be plenty of events planned during the day to keep you busy. 12 days is always better than 9 days especially when it leaves closer to your home. 

Happy Cruising. 

Jonathan