Any concerns about Labadee/Haiti?

time4u2go

Back in 96 there was a situation then as well. Made me nervous. They said that if anything really sparked we would not go. We ended up going, as things were semi stable and it was great (beautiful). I don't think things from the rest of the country really hit this port.

Hmm... I hope the unrest continues so that when we cruise in September we go to Nassau rather than Labadee.

I just wasn't too keen on Labadee. I'd much rather do Nassau.

Hey!! What a brainless, witless thing to say!!! Tell me, how many shoud die in this "unrest" to make sure you get to Nassau????

Hey!! What a brainless, witless thing to say!!! Tell me, how many shoud die in this "unrest" to make sure you get to Nassau????

Uh, I wasn't actually serious, Bob. It was more a remark of how I dislike Labadee than actually wanting the unrest to continue.

Sorry for offending your delicate sensabilities, but it's quite brainless to think I was saying that I 'seriously' wanted the unrest to continue.

Geesh. Some people are thick.

Uh, I wasn't actually serious, Bob. It was more a remark of how I dislike Labadee than actually wanting the unrest to continue.

Sorry for offending your delicate sensabilities, but it's quite brainless to think I was saying that I 'seriously' wanted the unrest to continue.

Geesh. Some people are thick.

Put one of these on it next time:D. Then, we'll get it. It might surprise you but there ARE people who think along the lines of your first post. :)

I went to Haiti on a short-term mission trip a few years ago and we went to Labadee Beach on a day off. It was fabulous. Beautiful area and beach. Quiet and relaxing. After our day off was over, we went back to the OTHER side of the big wall that separates Haiti from Labadee. The wall divides 2 very different worlds... one of the "rich" Americans and the poorest of the poor in Haiti. On the other side of the wall were armed soldiers with AK47s all over the place, yet we felt safe going through their checkpoints. Haiti's people are very friendly, but unfortunately because of the economy and politics, somewhat unstable.

I WISH that I could cruise into Labadee someday... much better place to port than Nassau. Give me Labadee any day! Don't worry a minute about going to Labadee!

I LOVE Labadee-went in 2003 on the Navigator, going again in June on Freedom. Love Nassau too-love anywhere that isn't my office, my house, my car, the supermarket, the gym, the dry cleaners...;)

You get the idea:D

But I really do love Labadee, it will be a shame if things get ugly there again-it happened a few years ago and cruises stopped going there for several months-

Hope it calms down.

I'm probaly one of the few people that likes Labadee better then Nassau. I'm going in a few weeks so I'd like to know if this will change before I go.

You are not alone. I don't get off in Nassau anymore, but Labadee I would gladly do over and over again.

Archived