John announced Vista cruisers

jimbo5544

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm still trying to figure it out.  Here's the link to getting one, if we need it.

https://www.onlinevisa.com/bahamas-visa/

I don't even see an option for the cruise terminal. It's New Providence. The closest option is Bay Street Marina. I don't think this is for cruise passengers.

5 hours ago, June Bug said:

I hope they get to go.  I just saw a conversation with John Heald yesterday and in a conversation with a cruiser, was apologizing for staring only vaccinated cruisers were allowed now until August.  Such mixed messages. 

carnival.com click on health protocols, or here https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521 and then check the Return to Service FAQs tab.  There are definitely some unvaccinated exceptions.

Can anyone give a news link about the CDC vs Florida new CSO deadline extension?

36 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

No it’s 59% capacity. The max capacity of vista is 4977. You are basing it off of the double occupancy of 3934. 

C8002E18-E2A4-4818-BE0C-45A790100A1E.jpeg

2940 passengers is what John Heald said this morning. That is (2940/3934) 74.92% of double occupancy and (2940/4977) 59.07% of maximum. (all bunks full)

That is still a LOT more than the initial sailings that RCCL and Celebrity have done.

Anything over 50% of double occupancy is a bit shocking. (IMO)

Edited by NightOne
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NightOne said:

2940 passengers is what John Heald said this morning. That is (2940/3934) 74.92% of double occupancy and (2940/4977) 59.07% of maximum. (all bunks full)

That is still a LOT more than the initial sailings that RCCL and Celebrity have done.

Anything over 50% of double occupancy is a bit shocking. (IMO)

Correct. However when cruise lines state occupancy, they go off max capacity. They always have. It makes the number look better.

8 hours ago, amypintx said:

They said this originally but there are people on my July Vista roll call that have received exemptions for their children under 12.

Even if they are able to finagle an exemption, the kids might be disappointed in their cruise experience.  Carnival's web site says they won't be operating Camp Ocean for kids < 12.  (I know mine would have been.)  Apologies if this is old news but I don't see anything about exemptions on that page except for children under 2.

On a happier note, for those 12 and up boarding tomorrow, enjoy!!! and please report back on how it goes!  Post early and often.

Edited by zzdoug