Edge smoking outside Eden??

delphis98

Hi y'all.  I do not want to start a smoker v non-smoker war, please please i am begging you.  I just want to know whether the smoking area outside Eden drifts up to the aft balconies while you are in port.  Please refrain from explaining to me why secondhand smoke odor shouldn't bother me.  Here is a glorious positive video about Eden 🙂 

.  Thank you.   Anybody have experience in an aft balcony when smoking was going on outside Eden?  

Which SRs are you concerned/lookin at? I assume the aft deck 6 ones on the port side that appear to over look what could be the smoking area outside Eden. I did a quick check of the Edge Class SR spreadsheet which has comments on SRs and none were exactly overlooking what could be the area of your concern, but no comments on smoke. 

My view is smoking is almost always usually done in those areas during at sea times and with the ship moving, there is no (well, minimal to close to zero) chance of smoke rafting up. 

But the best way is for the OP to list the SR(s) or concern so those that stayed in the actual ones can chime in. the rest is just subjective opinion. 

Den

• Like 2

We we’re in an S1, 7306 and didn’t smell any smoke at all. I had been mildly concerned that it could present a problem, but it was fine. Also didn’t experience any noise from Eden. We’d sail it again in a heartbeat; love the aft cabins!

• Like 1

hi! Denny01, and Sunpsyche, thank you so much!  we are up in SV 9309 on one date and SV 9310 on another date.   🙂  Hopefully these are high enough, since sunpsyche didn't smell any smoke, but the smoking area looks like it is partly open-aired.  great to hear it isn't bothering sunpsyche. 

on further review by comparing the video of smoking area to photos from cruisedeckplans.com, it seems the smoking area is all the way around to the port side aft, around the corner, not directly under the SVs.  It wouldn't even be under any port side staterooms because of the round bulbous aft shape 🙂  good job, celebrity!  thanks again Denny01 and Sunpsyche. 🙂   

• Like 1

So the photo is Deck 5 portside with overhangs and very open area, so the only SRs above it on Deck 6 are the portside IV SRs and two actual veranda SRs and I doubt very much they are impacted by smoke rafting up while the ship is underway and all that overhanging area covering the smoking area on deck 5. 

I believe it isn’t an issue.

den

• Like 1