Do courtesy holds still exist?

goofysmom99

I had the same issue over the weekend. There is no longer any easy way to do a courtesy hold on line by yourself. I confirmed this later with my CVP. You either have to get lucky by exiting the booking and getting a pop up that asks if you’d like to place a courtesy hold (and I was told the pop up doesn’t always appear), or you have to use the chat function on line, or call them. 

Just now, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

Yes.  Go through to choose the cabin, select and continue, review and pay. Click on the Celebrity X Cruises symbol in the left corner.  It will ask if you want to Courtesy Hold or Exit or continue to book. Then you can fill in the info required.  

I had read that advice and tried it on Sunday. It did not work. Clicking in that spot just exits the booking. I tried several times. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

I just did a mock one right now to review how to do this.  It did not work for the one I tried that had already reached final payment, but it did work for one further out.  

I’m glad it worked for you. It did not for me, multiple times.  In any event, it’s like needing to know a secret handshake. 

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m glad it worked for you. It did not for me, multiple times.  In any event, it’s like needing to know a secret handshake. 

Sorry.  Another thing I have done is just press the back arrow and got the same response just now. I'm not sure why.  The secret handshake makes sense.   😊