Feds appeal Florida win over CDC, hang on for the ride!

neptuno

12 hours ago, Até said:

Well the thresholds for each color are pretty well defined.  To be in Yellow Meraviglia has either greater than 1% crew or 1.5% passengers having positive COVID-19 tests.  Not counting new crew in quarantine or passengers testing positive at the pier.  The possibility that the cruise line did not file the EDC is very unlikely.

What is vague is that there is no requirement for reporting how many cases to the public or passengers.  Carnival would only state "A small number" of cases on Vista.  That small number is now over 26.

This number is being thrown around in the media.  The only place I can find that it was reported is on a Miami lawyer's website, who specializes in suing cruise lines.  He quotes anonymous sources.

So yeah, I think the CDC's reporting status is vague, we don't really know what happened on that cruise.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I would like to see number of positive cases per cruise.  That does not infringe on anyone's privacy rights.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2021/08/articles/uncategorized/over-two-dozen-carnival-crew-members-infected-with-covid-19-on-carnival-vista/

3 hours ago, KennyFla said:

This number is being thrown around in the media.  The only place I can find that it was reported is on a Miami lawyer's website, who specializes in suing cruise lines.  He quotes anonymous sources....

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I would like to see number of positive cases per cruise.

Yeah the Carnival folks really hate Jim, he really gives Carnival a hard time over many issues.  From the first person who posted that CruiseLawNews article all the fake news people started in.  And of course the thread(s) is locked.  Objective obtained.

It was verified by a Belize news group.  Probably why Carnival went ahead and admitted the numbers.

https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2021/08/11/tourism-board-says-situation-contained-aboard-carnival-vista/

• Like 1