Deck 6 aft access

sbcs5390

We’ve been on QM2 a few times but having trouble remembering while making a booking. Is access out the aft of deck 6 onto the deck with loungers and Minnows pool just as easy from port and starboard sides? 

One more: we were last on in 2016 and remember accessing our table at the rear of Britannia via the D stairway. Is that still possible or is the Britannia Club occupying that space and therefore you must access via C stairway? 

We once had a table at the starboard aft upper level part of Britannia, and also liked entering by the doorway at the D staircase, after a pre-dinner stroll through the art gallery.  I believe it is still possible to the upper level.  Britannia Club is on the lower level of the dining room.  Screen grabs of QM2's deck plans are below.

On your deck 6 query, apologies,  I don't recall and the deck plans aren't much help.

image.thumb.png.315ef7f1af7c0c22b9e3678f4b5a1970.png

image.png.668df891beb30543c370171229c3fba0.png

Edited by sfred

Easy access from both sides. 

Even though the deck plan doesn't show it, there are exterior doors at the end of both port, and starboard passageways.  

I was a "deck 6" resident a few times, and love the location. Very quiet. Try to get a cabin starboard ... less noise due to the kids playroom entrance is port. 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, sbcs5390 said:

One more: we were last on in 2016 and remember accessing our table at the rear of Britannia via the D stairway. Is that still possible or is the Britannia Club occupying that space and therefore you must access via C stairway? 

Being dedicated Club Britannia diners, we access our CB dining room via Elevator D. If we happen to be forward we enter thru the Main Dining Room Entrance and walk to the rear portion towards D.

The Port Side of CB Dining Room has a separate entrance. The Starboard CB Dining Room entrance is still separate from Britannia Main Dining Room. We see many passengers use D elevator when in our dining room. You are welcome to enter the dining room if you do not want to pass thru the Main Entrance by C elevators (by the Winding Staircase).

Thanks all for confirming! I did a little zooming on some photos I took during our 2016 trip as I was making my post and was nearly certain I saw a starboard door as well. We have been in deck 6 aft area twice and deck 5 a little closer to mid ships once. Have booked deck 6 starboard again with the same thought about the kids drop off area brought up by Vic. In 2016 we took great advantage of being able to walk out the (port side) door and enjoy sail always and the deck on nice days. Good also to know about the dining room access as one of us has some mobility challenges.