New final payment deadline and cancellation policy

shepherd really

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

I understand that, but what about penalties after the final payment (within 60 days)? is it 100% as it was before?

your  best to contact your TA or Oceania   not all cruises fit into the changed final payment option

Yes, the 60 day cancellation without penalty is definitely not normal and has been put in to try and stem cancellations.  Our Oceania cruise is also over the 14 days and we did make FP back in June.  Now we have until 60 days prior to get a full refund.  I have absolutely no idea what the penalties are after that, whether it's an immediate 100% or a gradual increase.  We will check closer to that time which, for us, is Oct. 21 as our cruise departs Dec. 21.  I did not know about this change to the cancellation until I read it here so I hope, before you cancel, you check with O that your cruise hasn't had an exception made and you just haven't heard about it.  My hope is that O will keep moving the cancellation penalty start date later and later in the hopes that things will improve, then we will hang on.  Right now it's not looking very hopeful.  It isn't the ship that is the worry, it's the ports and perhaps having to forego any time off the ship at all.  The mask policy is another deterrent which we thought we had avoided.

The first post was about the Jan 2022 Antarctica sailing.  So some related news:

A bit of good news.  Chile announced a few days ago that international tourists will be allowed inbound travel on 1 Oct.

And not so good news, of course there are stringent requirements, including a 5 day quarantine (which the Chilean travel industry is not happy with). 

Will continue to wait and see what develops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marina is on the move after a 524 day hiatus

And  Argentina is opening up to vaxed tourists from Chile and Uruguay on 1 Oct, and for other international visitors on 1 Nov - both groups with some testing requirements and approved vax list, and no quarantine.

Cautiously optimistic.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

For the readers that are here but not on January Marina roll call, I share some good news:

Chile has announced new entry protocols lifting quarantine requirement for vaccinated travelers from 1 Nov.  There are other requirements (testing, health pass, points of entry etc...).

I remain cautiously optimistic that the sailing is a "go."  Tangent alert:  If not, a land trip appears feasible.  That will be a viable alternative for me.  But that is another story, not for a cruising forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In case you are here but not on roll call,  On Oceania website there is a document dated 13 October detailing travel and entry requirements for  Riviera and  Marina sailings.  The document covers Marina sail dates: October 16, October 26, November 2, November 9, November 19.  So it appears that Marina will be headed to Miami on Nov 19 sailing.

Tempered expectations and enthusiasm, but good sign.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...