Iberian Explorer - september 2021

anyone have any thoughts as to if this will be going ahead or if tui are just angling for short term loans again? 😂

sincerely considering it even though it looks like spain may go "amber+"

Just tried a dummy booking for september and coming up as “no availability” so either “not going ahead/Sept is sold out/or website is playing silly buggers

Cancelled

Marella Cruises sailings on Marella Discovery due to depart from Palma on or before 25 October 2021.
These sailings have been replaced with cruises departing from Corfu between 4 September and 22 October 2021 – these are now on sale.

Marella Cruises sailings on Marella Discovery 2 due to depart on or before 31 October 2021

Marella Cruises sailings on Marella Explorer 2 due to depart from Naples on or before 4 November 2021
These sailings have been replaced with a cruise departing from Malaga on 7 September – this is now on sale.

Marella Cruises sailings from Palma on Marella Explorer due to depart on or before 25 September 2021

Marella Cruises sailings from Dubrovnik on Marella Explorer 2 due to depart on or before 21 October 2021

Marella Cruises sailings on Marella Discovery 2 due to depart from Paphos Cyprus, Aqaba – Jordan, Muscat  Oman, Columbo – Sri Lanka, Langkawi – Malaysia, Laem Chabang – Thailand, Hong Kong, and Singapore between 1 November 2021 and 30 April 2022.

Edited by Jim The Scot

If the "Iberian Explorer" you are referring to is the cruise from Southampton to Portugal and Spain in September, then yes it seems to be going ahead.  I paid the balance a month ago and have recently received an email from Marella informing me that I will not need to wear a mask while out on  deck.

Regarding the possible need for a covid test on return to the UK:

INTERNATIONAL CRUISES – sailings with non-UK destinations departing before 31st October 2021

" You may also need to take a test before you return to the UK. We’re continuing to monitor the situation, and will have easy and affordable testing packages available to help you with this. We’ll share more details with you ahead of your departure date." 

Marella Explorer is currently doing around Britain staycations so appears to be OK and in service.  

Do you mean September 2021?

If so will see you onboard.

I did intend to travel to Southampton using the Marella recommended Intercruises Coach, but their website does not seem to be working. I emailed them with no response. However for me rail travel to Southampton is an easy choice.  

29 minutes ago, GOQ said:

I did intend to travel to Southampton using the Marella recommended Intercruises Coach, but their website does not seem to be working. I emailed them with no response. However for me rail travel to Southampton is an easy choice.  

FYI the major railway works at Bristol may not be finished by the scheduled date of 3 Sept due to the weather and Covid situation. This may or may not impact on your plans to take the train to Southampton. 

Edited by bishop84

Never mind, I can always drive down. My proposed train is direct from Cardiff to Southampton and the sail date is 10th September, not sure if this would bypass Bristol ?

5 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Never mind, I can always drive down. My proposed train is direct from Cardiff to Southampton and the sail date is 10th September, not sure if this would bypass Bristol ?

Just looked it up and towards the end of the works the Cardiff to Southampton trains are scheduled to operate but via Bristol Parkway instead of Bristol Temple Meads. Not sure if that will change how long it will take to get to Southampton.  Hopefully they will finish the works on time and you won't get affected!

Edited by bishop84

apologies for the delay in replying, it is indeed the one that sails from southampton on 10th september so all looks good 😁

we won't be booking just yet but it certainly looks a good option as opposed to a land based holiday 👍