Any Pokemon players out there..

jjdmom8

Don't laugh.. Asking for a friend.

On our September cruise, one person in our party is a die hard pokemon addict.. If they purchase the premium internet package, will  pokemon still work at sea?  Or does it not work at all?

• Like 1

I have not played it in 5+ years... but there will be pokemon at the ports for sure.  Out at sea there can't be any of those gyms or landmarks because you are out at sea.  You are also on a moving ship so I don't think you can utlize the walking or whatever you used to do in pokemon go.  You may occasionally see a pokemon out at sea but they would go by fast because you are on a moving ship.  Maybe someone can chime in with more recent information. 

• Like 1

Do you mean Pokemon Go? My son and I did Pokemon Go in some ports of call where there was Cell Service, especially Mexico which is a country already included in my cell plan- it was better than an excursion, LOL! It doesn't really work on the ship, even if wifi connected you into the game which I'm not sure it can. When we've tried playing at the dock in Galveston it didn't work, even right next to the town because the game reads you as being out in the water so no Pokemon will spawn within reachable distance.

4 hours ago, jjdmom8 said:

Don't laugh.. Asking for a friend.

On our September cruise, one person in our party is a die hard pokemon addict.. If they purchase the premium internet package, will  pokemon still work at sea?  Or does it not work at all?

I can confirm I was able to log into Pokémon Go with the premium package but there were no Pokémon at sea. Plenty in ports like Cozumel though!