Heads up - Uniworld now requiring negative test

br111

It looks like Uniworld has changed their boarding requirements. Previously they required a negative test OR proof of vaccination, but now they will only accept a negative PCR or Antigen test 72 hours prior to departure.

It looks like a recent change since this cached version of their requirements from July 22 shows that they will accept vaccination instead of a test. But the current page shows they will only accept a negative test.

We’re starting our “cruise” in Milan.  Wonder if they consider this the start of the cruise.  Maybe we should have one prior to leaving home.  But then that wouldn’t be 72 hours because it could take 3 days to get our results..I’m soooo confused!  Gotta make a call…

On 7/27/2021 at 9:56 AM, stmartins said:

At this point I’d like both.  

You and me both! Given all the uncertainties about country-specific requirements and the possibility of them changing on short notice, I'm hoping and assuming that anyone going on a river cruise at least this year will choose to be vaccinated just to make sure they're able to cross borders, enter public places etc. 

• Like 1

They did answer and said it depends on the restrictions in place at the time.  They could test in Milan or in Venice and there will be a Uniworld team member there to assist us. My husband and I talked about canceling the trip last night. We weren’t worried about the virus until the whole delta variant thing… if We do go we’re going to get tested before we leave Canada, we’re concerned with the asymptotic cases.  Don’t want to get there and test positive and have to quarantine or what ever.  I wish we had waited ….it’s very confusing and stressful 

Edited by stmartins

We just returned yesterday from Uniworld South of France cruise. Also, went to Paris for 3 days. My understanding was that all on trip were vaccinated plus a Covid test required, antigen or PCR within 72 hours. Some people were given antigen test before boarding if they had not gotten test earlier. 

Masks are required in public places and all employees wear them. It was a wonderful trip! Food, wine and excursions all great. Lots of precautions and were primarily outside on walking tours. You could not get into any museum without a vaccination card.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, barcrab said:

We just returned yesterday from Uniworld South of France cruise. Also, went to Paris for 3 days. My understanding was that all on trip were vaccinated plus a Covid test required, antigen or PCR within 72 hours. Some people were given antigen test before boarding if they had not gotten test earlier. 

Masks are required in public places and all employees wear them. It was a wonderful trip! Food, wine and excursions all great. Lots of precautions and were primarily outside on walking tours. You could not get into any museum without a vaccination card.

Thx for this intel!

Just got notice from my TA that Uniworld now requires all passengers to be fully vaccinated. They are no longer requiring a Covid test before boarding but are following the various protocols of embarkation countries.

• Like 1

We are on Uniworld now - boarded in Budapest on Tuesday.  We had been told no test was needed if vaccinated, but when we boarded if you did not have the test within past 72 hrs they administered a quick spit test. 

• Like 1