S Class, Deck 6 - Sunset Verandas

sippican

We love the S class ships and Sunset Verandas in particular. We've stayed in a number of SVs on the higher decks.

Can anyone comment on the deck 6 SVs?  Are they noisier over the dining areas?  Is the view at all obstructed by the roof extension of the dining room below? I know the balconies vary in width, but are the deck 6 verandas as deep as the upper decks.

Any balcony photos would be greatly appreciated. (And, yes, I've checked the cabin spreadsheets.)

I haven’t stayed in one, but I’m certain I’ve seen them discussed in threads several times in the past few years. I couldn’t find one with specific photos, but this thread has some useful discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2555048-silhouette-sunset-veranda-deck-67-or-8-which-is-best/

Hope this helps😊

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

We have stayed in sunset verandas on 6. To answer your questions, no noise from Tuscan Quisine restaurants. The area is very large, sorry no pics. Cannot post pics, not that techie. Cannot remember if the size of verandas varies on S class like they do on M class, where the middle two room have larger decks. My spouse does not like deck 6 verandas on M class due to the window washers that clean mdr windows, but no problem on S class. 

• Like 1

We had a deck 6 SV on Eclipse a few years ago, it was near the centreline of the ship. We did not notice any noise and the view was not obstructed in any way. The balcony space seemed very similar to that of a higher deck SV on Silhouette. Just outside the balcony on deck 6 there is a crew walkway (I think for maintence purposes) and I recall someone using it once.

• Like 1