Semi-live from Millennium July 30th Alaska

iamaqt2

80s party at the Sky Lounge was fun last night. Bit short though.

No immigration procedures, just a walk-by two CBP agents for customs purposes with no questions asked even for foreigners.

The transfer to the airport went promptly, to my surprise nobody asked anything. Not your cabin nr, not for a ticket, not for a receipt. You just got on and off it went. Odd!

I have heard from at least 10+ other cruisers I randomly met that they all HATED how the kitchen is overcooking the meat. Talked to the Executive Chef who was making the rounds last night, I'm not sure if that's intentional. My recommendation is to stay away from all meat dishes aside from the beef wellington.

Disembarking Question?

When were the first pax off the ship? Were taxis available?

We need to get to King St. Amtrak station for the 9:45 am Coast Starlight to Portland OR and plan on doing self-disembarking. Should we be concerned?

13 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Disembarking Question?

We need to get to King St. Amtrak station for the 9:45 am Coast Starlight to Portland OR and plan on doing self-disembarking. Should we be concerned?

This morning there was a delay with disembarkation. I believe as far as the announcements went the first guests were able to leave around 8am or short after that. Can't speak for taxis but out of curiosity I checked UBER and there were rides for $50 to Seatac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Disembarking Question?

There was a very small delay of about 15 minutes to disembark.  We carried off our own luggage at 8:30, no line at all.  King St. Station is maybe 15 mins from Pier 66.  You'll make it easily.  FYI.. the train station is old and the seating uncomfortable.  They don't start loading passengers until about 15-20 mins before departure. So be sure to have breakfast before leaving the ship. 😉

• Thanks 1

We are sailing on the 27th and really appreciate all the updates.  Hopefully, all the kinks will be worked out over the next 3 weeks and it will be "smooth sailing".  Stressing a bit about the 3 day vs 72 hours requirement for the negative covid test.  But- we are getting tested on Tuesday afternoon and flying in on Friday morning early.  Thank you for all the hints and suggestions.  We appreciate all the help and advice we can get.

Do you know if Celebrity was ok with test results on your phone or do they require a print out? Our sailing is the 13th. I hope all are having a wonderful time and thanks so much for the updates. Oops! asked in wrong sailing.

Edited by ATXBecky
wrong thread
  • Like 1