How do you get home if tested positive on a cruise? This is the airline's rules per the CDC.

Bevv

3 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

Precisely why we just cancelled our Panorama 9-18 cruise.  Two of the four in our group would be at risk of repercussions at work if they had to miss an extra 10 days due to quarantine.  Long Beach to KY is too far for us to drive assuming we were allowed to rent a car and drive home.  Just too much uncertainty to risk a job over.  

Carnival was very nice about the cancellation.  I expected to have to get something from employers, but they were as nice as could be, and I already have my email stating no penalty for cancellation.  May be a bit before I get the actual money in bank, but I'm not complaining.

Glad that you were able to get your $$ back without a penalty.  We are retired so no job to be concerned about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keywest1 said:

Precisely why we just cancelled our Panorama 9-18 cruise.  Two of the four in our group would be at risk of repercussions at work if they had to miss an extra 10 days due to quarantine.  Long Beach to KY is too far for us to drive assuming we were allowed to rent a car and drive home.  Just too much uncertainty to risk a job over.  

Carnival was very nice about the cancellation.  I expected to have to get something from employers, but they were as nice as could be, and I already have my email stating no penalty for cancellation.  May be a bit before I get the actual money in bank, but I'm not complaining.

Glad it worked out for you.

You are correct that you can not assume you would be allowed to drive home if you tested positive. The family who quarantined in Houston after arriving at the port of Galveston were not given that option. 

My guess is quarantine means just that. Until we see something to the contrary, people should plan accordingly, even if they live in close proximity and have their own car at the port.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keywest1 said:

You made a great decision to cancel it based upon your needs. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Babr said:

Glad it worked out for you.

You are correct that you can not assume you would be allowed to drive home if you tested positive. The family who quarantined in Houston after arriving at the port of Galveston were not given that option. 

My guess is quarantine means just that. Until we see something to the contrary, people should plan accordingly, even if they live in close proximity and have their own car at the port.

Not only that on your expense!

Just now, travelplus said:

Not only that on your expense!

Luckily my cruise us in Feb and by then I will have a flu vaccine and we will hopefully know more then. I'm not too worried but am knowledgeable about the current situation.