Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins

Curt Jerome Wild

I was wondering if any one had any Cat 12 U area pictures. I will be on the Fantasy. I was wondering if the suites all look the same. How is the view, do you see parts of the ship or is it unobstructed, can anyone see you?

First of all thanks aggieastrosfan, I had some Cat. 12 pics mixed in here, but yours are a welcome addition.:D

phatkittykat check out aggieastrofan's pics above, and here's some more:

Category 12 Balcony Elation (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2676343770079337728qXFXhT

Category 12 Suite (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48038599/1048039635039242363WxBAAC

http://community.webshots.com/album/548338073kgGJoB/1

Category 12 Balcony (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/141591652/1141596209055171848VxljQI

Yes and all the suites are pretty much the same.

As you can see from one of the pictures taken from outside the ship, the category 12s are kind of like sardine can cut outs on the side of the ship. So, it's very enclosed. There are no obstructions, unless you count the one support rail that is about 2/3 to the right or left of each balcony.

Hope that helps.:)

CJW

This is a bummer, we are booked in V23 on the Ecstasy 5/20/06 and this is my fiance's first cruise. I hate that we will have a little orange boat to gaze romantically at in the evenings but heck the cruise was a gift so I will take anything !!!

Not too much of a bummer, as it's a gift, a balcony is a balcony, and now you know what to expect so you won't be disappointed when you get there!:)

Now benefits, since you're going with a fiance...

You still can see over the boat, and you actually have a little more privacy on your balcony just in case you and your fiance want to play "dominos" or "twister" out there.;)

Also, don't forget the mirrors behind the bed, just in case you need to, uhmm, check your makeup or something.:eek:

Lookin forward to a good time !! Review and pixs will follow

You will have a great time! Make sure that you have coffee on the balcony in the mornings, cocktails at night, and don't forget a bungee cord, in case you want to keep the door open.

Can't wait for pics and reviews, and please be sure to take a bunch of your view. You'll have a blast, and take full advantage of that little balcony.

Curt Jerome Wild

PS welcome to future membership in FCVDC.

I was looking at the category 12 penthouse suite photos and I seen one of the whirlpool bathtub/shower. Can anyone tell me if the tub fits 2 people???

Unless it's 2 6-year olds, I wouldn't count on squeezing two people into that thing. It's the size of a standard tub, just with whirlpool jets. I'm 5'9" and I barely fit into it by myself.

My DW and I just returned from the Inspiration, cabin V-30, it was the first cabin in front of the lifeboats. It had no view to the rear but great view directly to the side and forward.

The balcony was nice to sit on after returning from port and smoke a Cuban and enjoy a glass of wine and watch the ship leave port. You can be seen from the forward observation deck and the Lido Deck below but the amount of people travelling this far forward was minimal. The balcony is plenty big enough for 2 people to sit and enjoy.

Make sure to bring the bungi cord to keep the door open. FYI- the air conditioner continues to run.

The motion of the ship was not bad in our cabin but felt worse in other areas of the ship.

The best attribute was the location of the cabin. We could walk right out onto the deck overlooking the Lido Pool which was nice and the Atrium was just a few flights of stairs directly below.

It also had a variety of glassware, wine glasses, martini glasses, etc....and place to store your wine and liquor.

CJW, since you are the expert I need your expertise to answer my question. As you might remember, previously we talked about me upgrading to a cat. 11 on the Imagination for 5/8. Well my g/f and I are in V42 which has the obstructed view. Say that we take "Connect Four" out onto the balcony, what are the odds of anyone viewing our game from the Lido deck?

That balcony is actually one of the most "private"...

And, there are very few people who actually ever find their way to the Lido deck in the first place (in order to get to the location under these balconies, you have to find this door behind one of the bars which is not easy to find, even if you're looking for it).

The one time there seems to be people there sometimes is on sailaway, but not after that.

Note in all the pictures that I and others have taken, that there's no people on the deck below.

And you could always ask the steward for an extra sheet for the bed, that ends up as a railing barrier, not that I've ever done that.;)

Now, those Connect Four chips can make a lot of noise, so that could be an issue more than the view...:eek:

CJW

PS Note that there's a mini-review of your cabin up this thread a few posts from topsweeper...

Thanks for the info. I'm on the Sensation in January and had originally booked

V15. After looking at the deck plans, again, I moved to V19. I was worried that V15 was to close to the spa above me on the Sports Deck. I am still wondering if I did the right thing. Are my concerns about noise coming from the Sports Deck legitimate? Will being in V19 be quieter the V15? Will my view be blocked any more or less from V19 versus V15. Maybe I should split the difference and move to V17. What do you think? Thanks again for all the info! Dan

I have been in V15 on Paradise a few years ago. It was fantastic. I picked this cabin based on the following:

I didn't want anything to close to the front so that I wouldn't have interference from people coming up from Deck 10. I didn't pick the back cabins since they are obstructed view.

I picked the Starboard side since it is a bit quieter. The cabins on the Port side have inside cabins across, and the Port side hallway leads out to the open air deck at the front of the ship. The Starboard side does not lead out anywhere, so the only people that come down there are in those rooms past yours (V15 in my case).

A GPS on an extension cable can be placed on the balcony very easily.

I didn't have any noise from above in V15. I would suggest not over analyzing the location down to one or another next each other. they are all good cabins. Be sure to order Room Service some morning, and have breakfast on the balcony.

I have been in V15 on Paradise a few years ago. It was fantastic. I didn't have any noise from above in V15. I would suggest not over analyzing the location down to one or another next each other. they are all good cabins. Be sure to order Room Service some morning, and have breakfast on the balcony.

pennme,

Thanks you for the comments/review on V15!

I totally agree with you in everything you said.

Consider yourself a member of FCVDC!

CJW

thank you for all your help. i have been on the conquest and i loved it. i was a little taken back when i found out that the only balcony rooms on the elation were suites and mini suites. i hope i'm getting my moneys worth!!!!!

your photos were just great thanks to all!!!

Hey all!

Questions have been asked/embedded in other posts about this cabin category in other posts, so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own to answer the questions.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins are the demi-suite balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on (in alphabetical order)

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

Note that they are a demi-suite (or mini-suite) not a full suite, so they are about the equivalent size of the balcony rooms on the bigger ships.

I have stayed in both Category 11 and Category 12 on this class, and I must say that I am a bigger fan of the 11, for my own personal preferences. If I were to sail on this ship class again, I'd book the 11 and not the 12.

Balconies are small in comparison to the new ships, big enough for two chairs and a table, or one full size deck chair lounger. But, it has the best views on the ship. (Just don't book the obstructed views V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42. Great if you get a free upgrade, but otherwise don't).

It also the one location on the ship with the fewest cabins, so unless you have the bad luck of rowdy neighbors, very quiet and very little traffic.

Also a great location to all activities.

Here are some pictures below (mine with a lot of pics and angles)

And some from other people who got shots I didnt' get.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Demi-Suite and various balcony views

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

Verandah Balcony Door

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098574044717972rkoNas

Verandah Balcony Deck Chair

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098730044717972CElVEb

Category 11 Room (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159099257044717972waDizU

If you're worried about the rocking, it wasn't much worse, than other areas of the ship. And you are right there with an ocean breeze, and a horizon to look at. My finace gets carsick, and we both took Bonine starting the day before the cruise, and she never had a problem at all. In fact she said she had the best sleep ever, because the boat gently rocked her to sleep each night.:)

Now, some people have had great experiences in this Category, and some haven't, mostly because their expectations were unrealistic for what this cabin type is and isn't. :confused: This is for people to see and know what they're getting, so that you can take full advantage of the benefits, and get off and running on a great vacation. Your vacation is what you make it, if you choose to have fun you will.

Hope this helps people!

Ask any specific questions, or feel free to add.

Curt Jerome Wild

PS Don't forget to take advantage of your Skipper's Club, skip the long line and get on ahead of everybody else!:D

thank you for your comments, i was on the conquest last september with an extended balcony and i would have been greatly disappointed if i had not had a heads up. now my expectations won't leave me disappointed and i'll enjoy the cruise!!!:D :)

• 1 month later...

CJW, as you requested, my review of Cabin V9 on the Fantasy, from what I remember.

V9 on the Fantasy has an unobstructed clear view on the starboard side of the ship. From the balcony, looking forward we could see part of the bridge and an observation area. Looking down we could watch people walking by since the deck below is the Lido deck and it has no cabins. There aren't many cabins on the Verandah deck and on the side we were on, there were no cabin doors directly across from us nor is there a cabin in the space there so it was very quiet. We rarely passed anyone except for the steward. I didn't feel any more motion there than anywhere else onboard. We had a shower in a relatively small bathroom. There was a shower curtain, not a door. We had plenty of storage and the room was pretty much as described by Carnival. From what I can tell from other classes, the Cat 11 on Fantasy is similar to a balcony cabin on Glory. We're booked in a Cat 11 on Glory for this Nov so I'll post about that once we get back.

Room was very nice. Had Shower no tub and plenty of storage space, three large closets. We had a nice view ... sounds very similiar to the V9 of the above poster. The bathroom was alittle small, definitely one person at a time.

Noise from GYM was a major problem. We had constant banging from the weight machines. We didn't really compain as we figured nothing could be done at that point. But, when we stop by the Spa on our last night, just walking around, we did mention it to the attendant and she was well aware of the problem. She guessed our cabin as I guess its common. She did say if you call them they will "Police" the weight area and make sure the noise is reduced. She was very nice and very helpful. I was just alittle surprised an upgraded room would have to deal with this type of problem.

The flat screen t.v.'s are very nice. They swivel so you can see them

from the sofa or the desk area. (my make up area). We were alittle disappointed in the channel selections. Only 2 movies, 2 Cnn, and 3 local channels out of Denver (thought that was funny since we sail from Hoston/Galveston area).

Hello Curt Jerome Wild! :)

My boyfriend and I booked the Fascination on July and we have the V42. While talking to Carnival they said that the lifeboat would be visible only if you looked down from the balcony, but from your pictures it looks like it's going to be very bad. Do you think the boat will be right in front of our balcony? This is our first cruise and the balcony was going to be the highlight for me. Now I'm really disappointed and I'm thinking about cancelling the cruise and just doing it some other time. What do you think? :confused:

Any thoughts would be VERY welcome!

Hello Curt Jerome Wild! :)

My boyfriend and I booked the Fascination on July and we have the V42. While talking to Carnival they said that the lifeboat would be visible only if you looked down from the balcony, but from your pictures it looks like it's going to be very bad. Do you think the boat will be right in front of our balcony? This is our first cruise and the balcony was going to be the highlight for me. Now I'm really disappointed and I'm thinking about cancelling the cruise and just doing it some other time. What do you think? :confused:

Any thoughts would be VERY welcome!

You know what? Most people spend very little time in their cabin looking out the windows. Some enjoy sitting on their balconies, but you can sit outside anywhere. You can see if another cabin is available in your category before you cancel outright. To me, the cruise is the highlight, not the cabin.

Hey TinkyPatz,

My girlfriend and I stayed in V42 on the Imagination and the lifeboats are level with the room, not below. When you go out onto the balcony you can see two lifeboats but you can also see the ocean through the 4 or so foot space between the two. I wasn't disappointed with the view since you could still see everything you wanted to see. Also be careful if you leave the curtains open at any time as there is a walkway for the crew to work on the boats right outside the room. We looked out one day and a crewmate was painting a rail right outside our room.

My girlfriend and I stayed in V42 on the Imagination and the lifeboats are level with the room, not below. When you go out onto the balcony you can see two lifeboats but you can also see the ocean through the 4 or so foot space between the two. I wasn't disappointed with the view since you could still see everything you wanted to see. Also be careful if you leave the curtains open at any time as there is a walkway for the crew to work on the boats right outside the room. We looked out one day and a crewmate was painting a rail right outside our room.

Mason62883!

Please give us a review and pictures!

What did you think? Did you enjoy the mirrors? Was this cabin "private" enough for you during the evening (not counting the crew guy painting during the day)?

You could totally help out here, as I only have the pics of V23 and V34 obstruction view.

Now that you've been there, would you recommend V42 or V27 (same cabins opposite sides) or move one cabin forward to V38 or V25 (same cabins opposite sides)?

We're gathering a lot of specific info here, help us out!

CJW

PS Balcony twister? Balcony backgammon?

Hi! I was asked by CJW to post a review and some pics on this thread, so here I am! :) I hope you find it helpful, it is a little old, we sailed in Feb. of 2003. Let me know if you have any questions! (Click on the link in my signature for the pics.)

We flew out of Milwaukee at 6:15am on Saturday. I was very nervous about flying down the same day we sailed, but it worked out great. I think next time we will go a day early though. I don't think my nerves could handle it again! We had a connecting flight in Memphis and landed in Tampa at 11:55am. Caught a cab to the pier (2 people, 4 pieces checked luggage, 2 carry-on = $21.00 with tip). When we got out of the cab we were greeted by a porter. He found our cabin number (V10, an awesome upgrade! We had booked a 6A GTY. and we tipped him a buck a bag. Off we went to the line that leads into the terminal. I think it must've been about 12:45am. When we reached the first Carnival rep. we were directed to the Skippers Club check in. Nothing fancy, just a nice short line. After checking in and getting our S&S cards we went right to the ship. We were on board at 1:15pm. Time for a drink!!

This was our first cruise so we spent a lot of time gawking at the ship as we made our way to our cabin. We weren't expecting to see the guy video taping the pax as we boarded. We soon noticed him everywhere on the cruise and we would then watch the replay of the travelog on our TV in the cabin. Very fun. If you see him, be sure to wave! We didn't buy the video, but in hind sight I wish we would have. Sigh...

Our cabin was fantastic! Lots of room, lots of closet space. I had brought extra hangers and they came in handy. The balcony was small, but very cool to have. I loved sitting out there and watching the ocean and the people. I even saw schools of flying fish. The room steward was great. I wish we could've tipped him even more. Worth every penny. The room was always clean but we never saw him do it!

We had late seating for dinner (8:30pm). I think this worked out great for us. We never felt rushed in the ports (at least not because of our dinner time). The only drawback was we never made it to the midnight buffets! We were too full! Not to mention the late night comedy started at the same time. So I can't comment on that part, but our dinners were SUPERB!! Seafood Newburg, New York strip steak, Lobster, fish, quail, pasta, shrimp, escargo, Grand Mariner Souffle!!! YUM!!!! So many choices. It was always hot and fresh. Some of the best food I have ever eaten! The staff was wonderful. The only complaint I had was the drink waitress. We never saw her until the last night. But, I had read about that so we knew to expect it. that's ok, we drank our water (need to ingest something other than Pina Coladas and Miami Vices at some point, right?! ) Our tablemates were fantastic. After dinner we all would hang out and go to shows together. Miss them already. We had a table for 10, but only 6 of us showed up every night. We never saw the other couples. We never ate breakfast or lunch in the dining room so I can't comment on it, sorry. We loved the made to order omolettes on the Lido deck buffet. Lots of choices, scrambled eggs, hash rounds, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereals, bagels, toast, fruit and of course ice cream! That was a very popular dispenser after breakfast! Lunch menu always offered hot dogs, fries, burgers, salads. Other items varied. Fish fingers, chicken strips, pasta, etc. (One tip I learned here that was nice to know, the lines at the buffet are always shorter outside the dining room. Same food!) Inside the Seaview Grill (way to the back, by the pizza grill) at lunch they had a table set up with different things for lunch each day. One day it was crepes, the next Ceaser (sp.?) salad and other things I can't remember. We never had trouble finding a clean place to sit and eat. The pizza was good, not incredible but not bad. Always hot.

The shows were very good. We saw "Hey Mambo" and enjoyed it. The dancers are all really good. We saw 3 comedians, and 2 of them were VERY funny! We laughed out loud for an hour! Maurice Jovan was one and I just can't think of the other guy. The third guy was so bad we never went to see his midnight show.

The ports were fun. We did Stingray City, booked on-line in advance with Nativeway. They did a great job. We met Sharon at the dock right when she said she would be there. We took a bus to the marina, boarded a boat with Capt. Dean and first mate Sheldon and took off. First stop was snorkeling at Coral Gardens (not really a reef, but some corals, lots of fish. Water here was deep, about 12 feet. I used a life vest and did fine) then on to SRC. WOW....Those stingrays are HUGE! They are every where! Very tame. The water was about 3 1/2 feet deep. We all got a chance to hold them and feed and pet them. Lots of photo opps so don't forget the underwater cameras. We were only in Grand Cayman from 8am to 2pm, so after the stingrays all we could do was get in line to wait for a tender. The last one left at 1:15pm so the wait was very long. It was a shame we couldn't see more of the island. Be careful walking around the downtown area. Traffic was NUTS! Lots of cars and lots of tourists not paying attention. It is very congested.

Cozumel was fun. We went horseback riding through Buena Vista. Bus ride to the ranch was about 20 minutes. Our guide Aldo was a riot. He basically did a stand up routine the entire bus trip! The horses are in good shape and I know mine liked to run! Too fast! I have never been on a "trail ride" like this one and I have the bruises to prove it! This was not a slow walk along the trail. This was flat out galloping! For most of the trail! WOW It was a great time! On the other hand people that took the afternoon ride said the opposite. Well, they had a good time, but no galloping at all, so I guess it depends on the guide?

After that we went to Playa sol. $28.50 pp through the ship. All drinks, non-motorized water toys (kayaks, paddle boats) and beach. We got there kind of late, like 3ish so we didn't get to do much. Did some snorkeling, not great but good. Lots of fish. Water was warm and very clear. Drinks were potent! We decided to go back to town and shop after that. Caught a cab (did you know that 141 kilometers per hour equals 90 miles an hour!)

OK, this is getting long! Let me say we had a GREAT time and we will do it again as soon as possible. We were never bored. You can do as much or as little as you want. You can eat as much or as little as you want (I lost 2 lbs. without trying. I didn't deny myself anything either. We did take the stairs a lot and I never had room for too much food!) The staff was wonderful. Everyone we met was helpful and had a smile. The activities directors and cruise director (Lenny) are all great. They get everyone involved and make sure everyone has fun.

Some things I learned were....

That it gets very windy on the open decks.

There aren't enough ash trays.

There aren't enough signs pointing out the smoking sections (sides).

Need more hooks in the cabins. No where to hang wet suits, etc..

Save room for desserts!

We bought drink coupons and I think we may have drank more because of it! Next time we'll try without them.

Hammocks from Coz cannot be used as a carry-on. Almost cost us $80 to get it home on the airline!

If you take your luggage down to the infirmary to weigh it, you will get lots of funny looks.

I know I have seen this before, but it bears repeating...pack half the clothes you think you need and twice the money!!

And finally the most important thing I learned was...... CRUISING IS FUN!!!!!!!!

Comming back to reality....BITES!!!!!!!!

For those of you about to sail, have a great cruise! You will LOVE the Sensation....we did!:)

I'm copying and pasting celticd1's pictures here from another post.

They show some good angles that other pics don't show.

CJW;)

We sailed on the Sensation in 2003, stayed in cabin V10 (cat. 11). The cabin is a little larger than a standard balcony cabin.

You can see pics of the balcony hereand here.

These are pics of the cat 11 balconies from the outside here and here.

Pics of the cabin hereand here.

I have to agree the category 11's look like the balcony rooms available on the bigger ships such as the Conquest, Glory, Valor etc. Except for the woodwork is a bit more classier. But the balcony's are not as big as they are now on the bigger ships. Just my opionion from looking at the pictures.

Do you by chance have any pictures of category 9A cabins ..I am going on the Glory and would love to check some of those out. We also got a weird shaped 8A cabin as well. Not Quite sure what to think of it by looking at deck plans can't find any pictures of those.

Thanks for the pics of the 11's and 12's My Dad booked one of those for his upcoming Sensation cruise I am going to send him the links to check them out.

Thanks, Cyt