Bubble tours

matymil

My wife took my younger daughter to the monkey excursion in AC while I took my other daughter and her friend ziplining on 8/1 Horizon sailing. Keep your eyes open for when they are posted because they are limited and sell out faster. The ridiculous thing about them is that they are open to anyone not just people on exemptions. Meaning you could be sailing on an exemption and not be able to book it. We complained about that one on our trip and in our survey. Bubbles tours should only be open to those on exemptions IMO. Good luck.

Edited by outdoors27
Typo

16 hours ago, outdoors27 said:

My wife took my younger daughter to the monkey excursion in AC while I took my other daughter and her friend ziplining on 8/1 Horizon sailing. Keep your eyes open for when they are posted because they are limited and sell out faster. The ridiculous thing about them is that they are open to anyone not just people on exemptions. Meaning you could be sailing on an exemption and not be able to book it. We complained about that one on our trip and in our survey. Bubbles tours should only be open to those on exemptions IMO. Good luck.

The tour I booked a month ago for my September cruise was not listed as a bubble tour at the time, but I just saw that it is now labeled as one in my booking order details. I would not have booked it if I had known at the time it was a bubble tour. It would be helpful if their descriptions were accurate when they posted activities for purchase.

13 hours ago, yogibear said:

What is a Bubble tour??

Karen

Carnival Magic August 2022 NYC to Caribbean 9 days.

Currently, unvaccinated guests are restricted to bubble tours and are not allowed to book independent tours. Everyone on the tour has to follow all of the rules, including not going off on their own at any time. For more info, follow this link and look halfway down the page to unvaccinated guest shore visits and excursions.

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices

1 hour ago, snowballs mom said:

Currently, unvaccinated guests are restricted to bubble tours and are not allowed to book independent tours. Everyone on the tour has to follow all of the rules, including not going off on their own at any time. For more info, follow this link and look halfway down the page to unvaccinated guest shore visits and excursions.

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices

Thanks. If you're fully vaccinated, you can go off on your own??

Karen

1 minute ago, yogibear said:

Thanks. If you're fully vaccinated, you can go off on your own??

Karen

Yes, if the port allows. It seems that most that are open to that. I believe that non-vaccinated folks are restricted to the bubble tours (I am vaxxed so I don't really pay that much attention). I did see a recent news report dated August 4th that the state of Jalisco's governor may prohibit non-vaccinated guests from leaving the ship at all in Puerto Vallarta, so my excursion may not be a bubble tour in September.