I WONDER IF MSC DIVINA and SEASHORE WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS CDC ANNOUNCEMENT?

sidari

• sidari changed the title to I WONDER IF MSC DIVINA and SEASHORE WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS CDC ANNOUNCEMENT?

It's not really a new announcement.  The CDC Conditional Sail Order that contains the associated policy expires Nov. 1 but the verbiage in question has been in there the whole time.  

Divina is currently in the US absent of guests. Are there plans for her to home port in service outside the US before her scheduled US restart?  If not then there is no impact to the Divina.

Seashore is potentially another matter but possibly only if the CSO is extended.  

It's too early to speculate.  There will be change between now and November.  

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

Seashore is potentially another matter but possibly only if the CSO is extended.

Additionally, it appears that the procedures being followed on Seashore currently are in conformity with those of their US based ships that are operating under the CDD CSO (despite being in the Med).  I suspect that Seashore has simply not had sufficient time at sea to provide the required amount of "enhanced data collection" reporting forms required by the CDC to grant CSO approval.

I am waiting for the CDC to elaborate on the "options" they are looking into for repositioning ships, but suspect that Seashore will be able to get approval without a "14 day psg free" period.  Anyway, I am hopeful of such and keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Reference please?

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html

For ships currently outside of U.S. waters and not operating under the CSO, submission of the Enhanced Data Collection form for 14 days preceding the cruise ship’s expected arrival in U.S. waters is required prior to being assigned a color status.

From the Royal Caribbean blog article referenced by the OP:

According to the CDC, the current requirements indicate that all ships operating with passengers outside of U.S. waters (i.e. ships with a homeport outside of the U.S.) will not be eligible to enter U.S. waters until 14 days after the last passenger disembarks.

A spokesperson for the agency told Royal CaribbeanBlog.com "At this time, there is no exception to this requirement; therefore, all ships planning to sail in U.S. waters under the conditional sailing order (CSO) will be required to sail without passengers for 14 days prior to entering U.S. waters."

This rule does not apply to cruise ships that homeport in the U.S. which sail to international waters. Rather, just ships embarking passengers in foreign countries.

The CDC added that they are "currently evaluating the need for options as ships want to reposition to the U.S. in the fall.

The bottom line is that it's unclear if there will be any impact at this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

Additionally, it appears that the procedures being followed on Seashore currently are in conformity with those of their US based ships that are operating under the CDD CSO (despite being in the Med).  I suspect that Seashore has simply not had sufficient time at sea to provide the required amount of "enhanced data collection" reporting forms required by the CDC to grant CSO approval.

I am waiting for the CDC to elaborate on the "options" they are looking into for repositioning ships, but suspect that Seashore will be able to get approval without a "14 day psg free" period.  Anyway, I am hopeful of such and keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Me too!  We're sailing 12/11 on Seashore.  Would love to know more before final payment  is due next month.

7 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Me too!  We're sailing 12/11 on Seashore.

I am on the 10/31 departing Genoa for TA repositioning sail and I do not want to be dumped on a Carrib island - short of the final Miami port! (wink)

I may be thinking into this too much, but I wonder if the change in the ship's itinerary from USVI to BVI is so that the ship's first landfall in US waters is San Juan - where the CDC actually has a full field office and quarantine capability?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SeaBrz said:

The Divina is now active on the CDC list in “Crew Only (approved for simulated)”. (Status: Green) Hoping they are going thru the 14 day requirements now.

The Divina had her ‘14 days without passengers prior to entering US waters’ with her sailing in the Med and her transatlantic.  I guess I see the concern on the Seashore, but she is no supposed to enter US waters until after November 1st.  The Supreme Court will be in session after the first Monday in October, so I doubt the CDC will attempt to enforce an extended CSO.

14 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

The Divina had her ‘14 days without passengers prior to entering US waters’ with her sailing in the Med and her transatlantic.  I guess I see the concern on the Seashore, but she is no supposed to enter US waters until after November 1st.  The Supreme Court will be in session after the first Monday in October, so I doubt the CDC will attempt to enforce an extended CSO.

Good to know! Quite impressed they are sailing a revenue-free crew-only voyage that was not required by the CDC.