Test when coming back to UK from your cruise.

Merly

There is lots of information on the boards and Celebrity site about COVID tests before your cruise. What about when you come back?  We are on Silhouette in October - Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal. Leaving from and returning to Southampton. Do we need tests to get back into the UK?  If so how/ where  do we get them?  I have got my head around the tests before but now am fretting about coming home. 
thank you. 

We are on that cruise and when I made final payment recently, asked the same question. The answer I got was that Celebrity is still sorting it out!

At present, we need a test 3 days prior to returning to the U.K. and I asked if we had to arrange the test or would Celebrity?

Edited by downsmead

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

We are on that cruise and when I made final payment recently, asked the same question. The answer I got was that Celebrity is still sorting it out!

At present, we need a test 3 days prior to returning to the U.K. and I asked if we had to arrange the test or would Celebrity?

Do we also need another when we are back in the UK?  

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

We are on the 27 Sep 2021 cruise, so the first International Celebrity cruise from Southampton to Canaries, Spain and Portugal.🤞 I fully expect to have the same proof of double vaccine and pre-boarding PCR testing, I would also hope that Celebrity organise the pre-UK arrival PCR test, as part of the cruise fare. We may also have to have a test 2 days after arrival back in UK, depending on the rules in place at the time.

7 minutes ago, Tipsy252 said:

We are on the 27 Sep 2021 cruise, so the first International Celebrity cruise from Southampton to Canaries, Spain and Portugal.🤞 I fully expect to have the same proof of double vaccine and pre-boarding PCR testing, I would also hope that Celebrity organise the pre-UK arrival PCR test, as part of the cruise fare. We may also have to have a test 2 days after arrival back in UK, depending on the rules in place at the time.

Who organises the one for 2 days after we get back?  I have got to grips with what happens before we go but just got into a panic about coming home.  I know it might all change by then as well.  

• Haha 1

The test on day 2 after returning has to be booked online by yourself and the booking reference number has to be entered onto the UK locator form online. As it stands at the moment you complete the locator form within 48 hours of your return to UK. The test will be posted to your home address. However if you haven't been double vaccinated you will also need a day 8 test. All the details are on the gov.uk website. We have done all this for land trips but not cruises so are very interested in how Celebrity will handle the pre return test which I believe is antigen for most of Europe and has to be taken within the 72 hours of your return. The results have to be shown to border force on your return, usually by online certification. 

33 minutes ago, lovescarborough said:

The test on day 2 after returning has to be booked online by yourself and the booking reference number has to be entered onto the UK locator form online. As it stands at the moment you complete the locator form within 48 hours of your return to UK. The test will be posted to your home address. However if you haven't been double vaccinated you will also need a day 8 test. All the details are on the gov.uk website. We have done all this for land trips but not cruises so are very interested in how Celebrity will handle the pre return test which I believe is antigen for most of Europe and has to be taken within the 72 hours of your return. The results have to be shown to border force on your return, usually by online certification. 

Thank you, that makes it clearer. It is still some weeks away so I will try not to worry for the time being as things may change. I had just been so focused on outgoing then today suddenly thought about returning and no one seems to be discussing this on the boards.