What extra insurance did you get?

Got2Cruise

Hi all. Decided I’m going to book for 2022. Veteran River Cruiser but this Covid stuff is getting me confused. 

We’re vaxed but we know we still might get Covid. Is there an insurance policy that covers Covid issues? Or a thread that discusses the options? 

Most likely going to go Uniworld if that matters. 

I am currently working with a travel agent, for a future river cruise. I think you have to get “cancel for any reason” if you want to cancel because Covid may interfere with your plans.   If you are worried about getting Covid and being covered because you are sick, the regular plans that she showed me would cover that.

You probably need to read the literature. What I’m seeing, the cancel for any reason plans at most insurers don’t even cover 100%. I’m trying to get the Viking documents because, it looks like they do cover 100% but,I’m not sure if they give you your money back or if they just offer you an equivalent a cruise.   

1 hour ago, njpln said:

I am currently working with a travel agent, for a future river cruise. I think you have to get “cancel for any reason” if you want to cancel because Covid may interfere with your plans.   If you are worried about getting Covid and being covered because you are sick, the regular plans that she showed me would cover that.

You probably need to read the literature. What I’m seeing, the cancel for any reason plans at most insurers don’t even cover 100%. I’m trying to get the Viking documents because, it looks like they do cover 100% but,I’m not sure if they give you your money back or if they just offer you an equivalent a cruise.   

I’m pretty sure that Viking gives only FCC for what would otherwise be non-refundable. 

Not sure how Allianz is handling COVID issues, but we found them very easy to work with in the past when a trip was cancelled.  I asked for a one-third refund, since 1/3 of the coverage period was left, but they gave us a full refund.  Won me over as a customer!

• Like 1

I did a little more research and there is a thread on CC from with Steve from the Insurance Store. I learned something important:

If you test positive before your cruise —Don’t automatically cancel your cruise. Go to your physician first. Of course they will tell you to cancel your cruise. Then you can call and say I’m under medical care and am not allowed to cruise. And insurance will cover it. 

Now I’m going to try to figure out medical coverage if you get sick while away. Chime in if you know anything. 

Edited by Got2Cruise