Robes and Slippers?

Locobill49

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had engraved robes in the Royal Suite to take home.  Will be in a Royal suite again in March and looking foward to a new robe!  We usually do not use the slippers as I find they are big and I walk out of them making them dangerous.

Slippers I am sure are too small for my 15 eee, got next royal suite in February but how many robes do we need , they are too small for me , but wife likes them.

2 hours ago, Panzano said:

We're in a RS on Summit in a couple weeks.  Spoke with the shoreside concierge a couple weeks ago and she said they're no longer giving robes but now it's pajamas.  I asked about monograms and she said Summit didn't have an engraving machine so they couldn't do that.  

You ask 3 Celebrity staff the same question and you get 10 different answers.   We'll find out when we get onboard.

Yes, I'd say those last statements are certainly true.  I was given the impression that the monogramming was done on an embroidery machine shoreside, and the finished result was then delivered to the pier along with any other special items needed for that cruise.

14 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Do they provide a robe in the cabin to use during the cruise? Not to keep just to use while on your cruise.

Laura

Yes, though it's also been reported that passengers are sometimes encouraged to take them home.  Depends upon the butler/host.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, Locobill49 said:

We are booked into a sky suite on Millenium. I understand that there are robes and slippers in the rooms. Are the slippers reused or can you take them with you? 

The slippers are all new and of one size, as far as my experience goes. Reasonable quality. We usually take them home with us and they last another few weeks. However, if you're on a 3-week cruise...

The dressing gowns are not new. There seem to be two or more sizes. If it doesn't fit, ask for a larger one. 

You may notice that during your cruise, someone comes into your stateroom and shrinks most of your clothes! Nothing to do with the fine food and drink, ha-ha!

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2021 at 3:50 PM, George C said:

Really don’t remember, but do remember that if in ships with retreat that they would engrave robes with your initials, we didn’t take robe in royal suite , did ask butler last month and was told to take them , also pajamas. We were in penthouse last month.

Our last one they did the pajamas for us. They called and placed our initials. No robes were given.  This was in April..guess we will ask here next month....

On 10/23/2021 at 7:06 AM, Cruise a holic said:

We had engraved robes in the Royal Suite to take home.  Will be in a Royal suite again in March and looking foward to a new robe!  We usually do not use the slippers as I find they are big and I walk out of them making them dangerous.

Those spa slippers can be extremely dangerous especially on stairs they don't stay on your feet.

14 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Happens with plastic flip flops also!  Best to wear closed slippers and sandals with straps

Totally agree. Flip flops are just for beach and pool. They are so thin sometimes they bend backwards if you're not careful. So easy to slip and break your ankle.  And driving a car wearing them is a HUGE No No.