Robes and Slippers?

Locobill49

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

When we sailed in RS & PH from T25 the shoreside concierge emailed a placard to be put in the windshield of the car/taxi that allowed the driver to pull up right at the entrance.  There was a staff person standing there with a sign for "Special Delivery" and a porter to take your luggage before you entered the terminal.  She was verifying your name and suite number on a list she had. 

Thanks -- I messaged the Concierge yesterday and she sent me some information but didn't answer the question of the Special Delivery.   She is out of the office today but will be back tomorrow so will give her a ring.

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if they recently changed the robe.    We are in a RS for 9/5 cruise and the message from the Concierge said they have Pajamas engraved with your initials.   I refused the offer.

See if they'll just give you a robe, if that's what you want (monogrammed or not).  It's a nice robe!  When our butler brought them for us, he said they were out of the pajamas.  I think I looked at him a little funny because he followed up with something like "yes, I also think the robes are better."

I was thinking that I would never need (or want) monogrammed pajamas unless I happened to be playing opposite Katherine Hepburn in a screwball comedy (or perhaps another sequel to Arthur.

11 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I would hate to pack the robes or the PJs for the trip home.   Wonder if Celebrity would donate them, on your behalf, to the poor or homeless in a port you visit.    Certainly don’t need another robe at home and I am picky about my nightclothes.    

Could always pack them in your Celebrity bags, carry them off, and donate them while ashore.

• 1 month later...

We don’t need any additional items of clothing, wish they would include a spa treatment instead.   I am very particular about my sleepwear and robes and have more than enough.   The provided slippers are definitely a trip (as in fall) hazard.   It’s safer to pack your own well fitting footwear.

On 9/2/2021 at 3:01 PM, Stu UK said:

On Apex currently. PJ’s are onboard. Was able to select size with pre cruise concierge. 

8A71F595-8438-4CF8-AFB2-C24D16774842.jpeg

My wife loves them, we didn’t get them monogrammed on last cruise we will in February 

Edited by George C

On 9/1/2021 at 9:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

@George C  Curious if they recently changed the robe.    We are in a RS for 9/5 cruise and the message from the Concierge said they have Pajamas engraved with your initials.   I refused the offer. 

Second Question -  When you sailed in the Penthouse out of Terminal 25, did they have the upper suite VIP Desk (Previously called Special Delivery Desk) open?   If so where is is located and do you drop luggage with the regular porters or do they take your bags at the VIP desk?

Late response, just saw this , our arrival was total confusion since we did a move up two days before we sailed , they did eventually took us to vip desk. 

14 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Do you remember how the sizing was?  Just trying to understand if S/M is based on women's or men's sizing.

On Silhouette 8 weeks ago we got S/M and gave them to our daughter and girlfriend. last week we got M/L and they fit me perfctly at 6ft and 100kgs. They did explain however due to complaints they are no longer embroidering them as the stitching apparently pulls when they are washed

On 8/17/2021 at 5:50 PM, George C said:

Really don’t remember, but do remember that if in ships with retreat that they would engrave robes with your initials, we didn’t take robe in royal suite , did ask butler last month and was told to take them , also pajamas. We were in penthouse last month.

We had engraved robes in the Royal Suite to take home.  Will be in a Royal suite again in March and looking foward to a new robe!  We usually do not use the slippers as I find they are big and I walk out of them making them dangerous.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had engraved robes in the Royal Suite to take home.  Will be in a Royal suite again in March and looking foward to a new robe!  We usually do not use the slippers as I find they are big and I walk out of them making them dangerous.

Wouldn't plan on monogrammed robes.  Seems they've switched to monogrammed PJs now.

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

The robes are so nice!  What do the PJ's look like?  Rates increase- perks decrease.

There was a photo posted somewhere in the last week, but can't spot it.  They were folded, though, so not much detail except for upper of top and monogram.  Might have been the Jim_Iain Millenium blog.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

There was a photo posted somewhere in the last week, but can't spot it.  They were folded, though, so not much detail except for upper of top and monogram.  Might have been the Jim_Iain Millenium blog.

Post #28

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

They don't look nearly as good as the robes-  Cheap looking- tell your grandson- when he gets his MD degree he can say derp to other people!  LOL  

1st year of college, and is headed that direction.  I'll let him know that he isn't allowed to 'derp' me for another 9 years!

We're in a RS on Summit in a couple weeks.  Spoke with the shoreside concierge a couple weeks ago and she said they're no longer giving robes but now it's pajamas.  I asked about monograms and she said Summit didn't have an engraving machine so they couldn't do that.  

You ask 3 Celebrity staff the same question and you get 10 different answers.   We'll find out when we get onboard.