Post allure august 8-15

rtazz17

On 8/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, rtazz17 said:

We were  on last weeks cruise on allure.. We have cruised for years. I wont say I regret going but its near that. By mid week I had enough of everything. Not being able to get coffee or touch anything pretty much. Wash your hands 5 times to get a coffee,lol. If your familiar with what normally is available,activities etc,there was hardly any. You dont think you will miss a lot of it until its not there. Cruising at 1/3 capacity the ship was a ghost ship. If you hate people you will enjoy it. Board walk(ghost town),we were the only ones on boardwalk at 9pm several nights,central park(ghost town). Yeah sounds great untill you realize what makes things fun is the energy of the people there. Never get to see any of staffs faces,no big deal right? No it gets old. Im not saying some might not enjoy it but there wasnt much to do. St thomas you were walking streets in masks in 90 degree weather. I guess it is what it is. I thought it would be better but it wasnt. First couple days were ok but I literally wore a mask more in 7 days then I did in 16 months. Hours daily. If you think you can hold a drink in your hand and walk around the promanade mask less think again,not happening. At the end of the week I was very much looking forward to going home. Knowing what I know I wont do it again. Yes this is how it probably has to be right now for cruising to survive. Just posting our experience. I fooled myself into thinking it would be fun,but I think I knewin the back of my head it probably wasnt going to be.If you are genuinely afraid of covid you will enjoy it. Because its like the protocols we lived with in march of 2020. 

Please dont jump all over me in this post. Just my opinion your mileage may vary.

I am a firefighter/paramedic 20years on job. Well aware of all the facts of covid. Treated patients since the beginning of covid. So please dont advise me on what you think the facts are. Im well aware. 
We are in our 40s with two older teenagers for reference. Maybe older crowd would enjoy more? Idk. But we arent hermits and this is what it seemed like.   

on a better note we did enjoy florida. Guess being with people and seeing faces is what we enjoy. Retiring there in 7 years. 

Figured it would be just like you posted, that's the exact reasoning we won't be going to any cruise until at the earliest September 2023. It's fine with us plenty of other things to fill our time and money on.

We moved from NJ to Southwest Virginia back in January 2021.

We have had a blast enjoying our new house and exploring the area...........It's just like a cruise but  no sand between our toes.

Edited by Jimbo

My wife and I were on the Allure August 8 cruise.  We loved it!   1700-1800 passengers and 2000 crew,  it was very nice.  No lines, elevators were usually empty, short lines at Flowrider.   We liked it so much that we booked it again for October 31, same room even.    Just a different view point I suppose.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, FTD said:

My wife and I were on the Allure August 8 cruise.  We loved it!   1700-1800 passengers and 2000 crew,  it was very nice.  No lines, elevators were usually empty, short lines at Flowrider.   We liked it so much that we booked it again for October 31, same room even.    Just a different view point I suppose.

How many cruises have you been on, maybe you don't know what a normal cruise should feel like?

We are D+.  We were in a Loft and will be again in October.   Trust me, I know very well what a normal cruise is like and in many ways this version is much better.

We knew what we were in for as we flew to Saint  Maarten and were on the Summit July 17-24 for an ABC cruise.

Edited by FTD
  • Like 4