NCL Epic for the British

Trimone

14 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

You can still do just the test at the port, however, if you test positive at the port and need quarantine, not having done an additional test within 72 hours means that NCL will not help cover quarantine expenses, which they would do if you had taken another test before.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thank you. 

Happy about Italy dropping the quarantine. Hopefully this will mean we can go exploring. 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, bigjcruiser said:

With regards to the tests we have to do up to 72 hours before we sail (not the ones done by NCL). Are people doing antigen or PCR tests? 

We are in Barcelona for just over a day before the cruise and so were going to get tests done just before we leave the UK either at the airport or on the way as there aren’t many in clinic test centres near us. Antigen is cheaper and would give us quicker results but not sure if should just go for a PCR instead? We don’t need the results for arrival into Spain but obviously would be there if we then did get a positive result.  So would be interested to see what everyone else was doing? 

On NCL's website it says that if you are from the UK you must have a negative PCR test within 72hours of boarding the ship and then you will be tested again once you are at the port.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lisa353 said:

On NCL's website it says that if you are from the UK you must have a negative PCR test within 72hours of boarding the ship and then you will be tested again once you are at the port.

Wait what? When did they update it to PCR? I booked antigen tests already.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lisa353 said:

Currently, guests who are residents of the United Kingdom are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test, performed by a third party and taken no more than 72-hours prior to embarkation, upon boarding. Additionally, these guests will receive an antigen test at the terminal as part of the standard protocols. Those that cannot present a negative test at the terminal during check in will be denied boarding without refund.

10 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Currently, guests who are residents of the United Kingdom are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test, performed by a third party and taken no more than 72-hours prior to embarkation, upon boarding. Additionally, these guests will receive an antigen test at the terminal as part of the standard protocols. Those that cannot present a negative test at the terminal during check in will be denied boarding without refund.

That was removed from the website on Thursday, I dont see it anymore

The only reason for the test was to guarantee help from NCL if you hadn’t bothered and turned up at the terminal positive, you can turn up untested if you wish but if you’re positive NCL will turn you away with no help.

we booked our tests when it first went on the website about UK guests and after Thursdays  updates regarding no help if you havent had a test we would be booking one now.  The advice now is for everyone not just UK passengers

3 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Was sent out on august 23rd for me. Prior to my Sept 13th cruise. The document is sent out 21 days before your cruise.

Our cruise is on the 12th and we haven’t had this or anything else except for confirmations of thing we booked. Will reach out to our PCC because email addresses are all fine

22 minutes ago, Mrs_Reevo said:

Our cruise is on the 12th and we haven’t had this or anything else except for confirmations of thing we booked. Will reach out to our PCC because email addresses are all fine

Hmm, you should have gotten an email called “Important Information…” with an attachment called “Italy restrictions” which has the link

Benefits of 100% Vaccination Requirements*

Breathe freely and witness smiles everywhere you go!

Get up close and personal with confidence, everyone on board is vaccinated.

Dine in any of our restaurants mask-free, including our self-service buffet. Plus enjoy all entertainment options.

Feel Free to take the shore excursion you’ve been dreaming of or explore on your own!

Appreciate the full Norwegian experience — all venues and experiences are entirely open.

Peace of mind knowing all guests and crew on board are fully vaccinated.

• Cruise Mask-free**
  • No Social Distancing Required
  • All Restaurants & Experiences Are Fully Open
  • No Restrictions on Shore Excursions 
  • No Capacity Restrictions
  • Surround Yourself in Safety

*As government regulations evolve, our health and safety protocols will evolve as needed to ensure compliance. This may mean different protocols from ship to ship based on local requirements.

**On Europe sailings only, currently local government regulations requires all guests to wear masks onboard. Refer to FAQs section for complete details.

I’m in Barcelona today, I have never anticipated what damage covid and according to to locals what a politician can do to an area, the bars and restaurants that still exist are giving extra drinks to people to stay seated at bars.

I spoke to two old restaurateurs tonight, good steady business people, they are just surviving.

It’s placed a dampener of what we are going to hear on the ship!

• Thanks 1

To be totally honest, I have traveled with that much documentation, sometimes approved, but really totally approved, nobody knows what the hell is going on, I’m in Barcelona now, testing with lateral flow, and still awaiting a PCR I’ve took on Monday, totally negative, I report every result on the NHS Covid app, if NCL want to refuse me I really don’t care a flying duck..

We’re booked in the Epic out of Barcelona on 19th Sept and working on the following for tests. Antigen testing 48hrs before we cruise as we’ve a night booked before the cruise in Barcelona, NCL antigen test at the port, NCL test on board prior to disembarkation which will suffice for entry back to the UK and lastly booked a day 2 PCR test when we get back to the UK. Hopefully I’ve worked this out correctly!

Has anyone had confirmation from NCL that we can now go on NCL shore excursions in Italy following this weeks changes?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnMenston said:

We’re booked in the Epic out of Barcelona on 19th Sept and working on the following for tests. Antigen testing 48hrs before we cruise as we’ve a night booked before the cruise in Barcelona, NCL antigen test at the port, NCL test on board prior to disembarkation which will suffice for entry back to the UK and lastly booked a day 2 PCR test when we get back to the UK. Hopefully I’ve worked this out correctly!

Has anyone had confirmation from NCL that we can now go on NCL shore excursions in Italy following this weeks changes?

I think the fact that it doesn't say on the website that we have to stay confined to the ship anymore, confirms this (wording has been removed). Although it would have been nice for them to officially tell us this. And I've booked 3 excursions which have not been cancelled. We are on the Epic on 12th and are travelling to Barcelona on 8th. We are just looking to order our 2 day UK test now and there are some companies that seem to be as cheap as £20 (with links from gov.uk) which we are thinking of going for. We need to recoup some costs due to the extortionate cost of NCL excursions 🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trimone said:

To be totally honest, I have traveled with that much documentation, sometimes approved, but really totally approved, nobody knows what the hell is going on, I’m in Barcelona now, testing with lateral flow, and still awaiting a PCR I’ve took on Monday, totally negative, I report every result on the NHS Covid app, if NCL want to refuse me I really don’t care a flying duck..

Will you please keep us all informed on as much as possible? 🙂

• Like 1

I’m supposed to be on the epic starting October 31st. I called NCL just today (9/1) and she confirmed that in fact AT LEAST through NOVEMBER passengers will not be allowed to disembark in any Italian ports without being on a fully-guided NCL-booked excursion. And it doesn’t look like they’ve updated the excursions list yet because I’m still seeing many that have “on your own” time but they in fact told me no time will be allowed without a guide. So that’ll also shorten the list of excursions to even try to choose from..

6 hours ago, millie_17 said:

I think the fact that it doesn't say on the website that we have to stay confined to the ship anymore, confirms this (wording has been removed). Although it would have been nice for them to officially tell us this. And I've booked 3 excursions which have not been cancelled. We are on the Epic on 12th and are travelling to Barcelona on 8th. We are just looking to order our 2 day UK test now and there are some companies that seem to be as cheap as £20 (with links from gov.uk) which we are thinking of going for. We need to recoup some costs due to the extortionate cost of NCL excursions 🙂 

51 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Will you please keep us all informed on as much as possible? 🙂

9 hours ago, JohnMenston said:

I’m supposed to be on the epic starting October 31st. I called NCL just today (9/1) and she confirmed that in fact AT LEAST through NOVEMBER passengers will not be allowed to disembark in any Italian ports without being on a fully-guided NCL-booked excursion. And it doesn’t look like they’ve updated the excursions list yet because I’m still seeing many that have “on your own” time but they in fact told me no time will be allowed without a guide. So that’ll also shorten the list of excursions to even try to choose from..

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hey Trimone,

Are they allowing you off the ship in Italy with NCL excursions now quarantine is gone? 

I haven’t a clue, I started doing the Italian health forms and thought to myself why am I doing this! In my opinion it’s down to NCL to do, in all my cruises except a disaster with RCL in China I’ve never known nothing like it.

Barcelona has suffered terribly with covid, I went on a walk about around all the old haunts last night, business owners would personally lynch the local politicians, the closed businesses speak for themselves 😭