MSC Italy & Spain Restrictions for UK Passengers

heathstockton4

53 minutes ago, drsel said:

Even if MSC breaks its own rules & allows UK passengers to board, they will NOT be allowed to disembark at any port in Italy.

Most 7 night cruises have 3 ports in Italy, which means hardly 1 or 2 ports will be available for sightseeing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think its worth flying to Barcelona or Rome for just 1--2 days of sightseeing, while being confined to the ship for 5--6 days.

As per the other thread, only fully vaccinated passengers from UK are allowed, and they will be allowed entry to Italy (to embark, disembark or for an excursion) with a negative test result from the previous 48 hours.  For disembarkation and excursions the test will be done onboard, in the same way it is for other nationalities (including Italians).

The Italian Government hasn't yet updated their entry details website yet, but have issued a public statement here on 31st August.  (similar to MSC the website is outdated, maybe it is an Italian thing  🙂  )  

I don't think it s clear which is the first cruise where UK passengers can board.

28 minutes ago, heathstockton4 said:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/itinerary-updates

think this does finally confirm that UK passengers can now board an MSC cruise at any Med ports, including those in Italy

is that how everyone interoperates it?

Yes, coupled with the email that soloadventurer posted elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 6:15 AM, drsel said:

Even if MSC breaks its own rules & allows UK passengers to board, they will NOT be allowed to disembark at any port in Italy.

Most 7 night cruises have 3 ports in Italy, which means hardly 1 or 2 ports will be available for sightseeing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think its worth flying to Barcelona or Rome for just 1--2 days of sightseeing, while being confined to the ship for 5--6 days.

I think it depends on what you want from your cruise. We are onboard Virtuosa U.K. cruise and have actively enjoyed being ‘confined too the ship’!!!! We love Yacht Club and all it offers and have rested up well. We have been enjoying what the ship has on offer and are not at all desperate to get off!! 
We could get off and go on paid tours but usually like to do our own thing so decided to stay aboard rest up and enjoy the ship. 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, 8420PR said:

As per the other thread, only fully vaccinated passengers from UK are allowed, and they will be allowed entry to Italy (to embark, disembark or for an excursion) with a negative test result from the previous 48 hours.  For disembarkation and excursions the test will be done onboard, in the same way it is for other nationalities (including Italians).

The Italian Government hasn't yet updated their entry details website yet, but have issued a public statement here on 31st August.  (similar to MSC the website is outdated, maybe it is an Italian thing  🙂  )  

I don't think it s clear which is the first cruise where UK passengers can board.

Now Spain has put restrictions on travellers from France and Italy.

I wonder how they will manage all the port stops in different countries

22 minutes ago, drsel said:

A couple of clarifications are in order (thanks for the link to the article, BTW, that's one of my favorite websites for international travel news):

1. The new restrictions are only in place until September 12 at this point.

2. If you have proof of vaccination, proof of recovery, or proof of a negative test, you're allowed in.

It's not as bad as it seems. I would imagine that port stops in Spain for French and Italian visitors will be fine given the above.

• Like 1