RCL cruising out Southampton (UK)

This has been the rule but I think it is changing from September. I know there are passengers from US booked on our 2nd Oct Anthem cruise. Of course like everything else at the moment this could change at any time, cases are on the rise here again.

51 minutes ago, kernow said:

This has been the rule but I think it is changing from September. I know there are passengers from US booked on our 2nd Oct Anthem cruise. Of course like everything else at the moment this could change at any time, cases are on the rise here again.

This is what I've heard too; I guess getting their feet wet again.  I'm on the 5 night British Isles cruise departing Southampton on 10/20 so keeping my fingers crossed no interuptions.

UK law is finally allowing no Brits on cruises from there starting next week.

We are booked on the 5 September Anthem sailing (American passports/German residency).

It is RCI's first sailing from the UK with non Brits and there are glitches with us getting registered for the  testing at the port they are requiring of us.  I have NO problems with being tested...it's just been an ordeal because we are supposed to pre register for it via a link RCI emails us.  Got an email 18 days out and it had links to the UK residents testing registrations for 2-3 days before and not for the tests for "overseas guests" who need to be tested at teh cruise terminal that day.

Several hours of phone calls, and 3 resolutions reps later I got a new link and sucessfully registered us for at the pier testing in the Bahamas.  Gah!

So we are now 10 days out, more calls, another supervisor, several emails and at least someone seems to be raelly following up now, I got an email last night that they are working on it and will have it worked out tomorrow.   I hope so.  It is nerve wracking.  Hopefully all the glitches will be fixed and after this first cruise it will be easy for Europeans and Americans, etc sailing.

One thing to note: you are required by the UK government to have a PCR test ("day 2 test") booked and paid for before you fly to the UK (and to take it of course).  Those run about 80 pounds most places.  You can take it any time after landing up until the end of day 2 (the day you fly is day 0).  The at the terminal  PCR test via RCI doesn't appear to count for that (though I am waiting to be registered for it and confirm before I book and pay for others).  So plan for that added expense AND time to get that done (you can do it at Heathrow, but flying in day of would be cutting it super close).

6 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

One thing to note: you are required by the UK government to have a PCR test ("day 2 test") booked and paid for before you fly to the UK (and to take it of course).  Those run about 80 pounds most places.  You can take it any time after landing up until the end of day 2 (the day you fly is day 0).  The at the terminal  PCR test via RCI doesn't appear to count for that (though I am waiting to be registered for it and confirm before I book and pay for others).  So plan for that added expense AND time to get that done (you can do it at Heathrow, but flying in day of would be cutting it super close).

Are you saying that you need another test on the second day that you are in the UK? I expected to take a test before boarding the flight from the US to the UK. 

Are you also stating that there’s availability for a test by the cruiseline? Is this prior to boarding or throughout the cruise?

2 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Are you saying that you need another test on the second day that you are in the UK? I expected to take a test before boarding the flight from the US to the UK. 

Are you also stating that there’s availability for a test by the cruiseline? Is this prior to boarding or throughout the cruise?

Per UK law you must have a test before flying (antigen is OK) and another test  (must be PCR) within 2 days of landing in the UK (you do not have to quaratine before that test....this is assuming you come from a green list country and are fully vaccinated..since i am I have only looked at that, not sure for Amber list, or red list, which I know must quaratine).  That second test must be booked and paid for before you fly and you have to show proof that you have done so.  It must be via a government approved provider.

Those are all on your own dime and are in addition to the at the cruise ternimal PCR test required by RCI, for which there is no charge.  

I have traveled to/from several countries in the past 18 months and the UK has the most convoluted and hardest to comprhend system (and the most expensive) so I do urge you to check the UK government website and see what is required for you based on where you live and on your vaccination status before booking a  UK cruise and flights.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control