Are there restrictions on Cozumel excursions?

CruizinKittie40

We just got back from a cruise which stopped in Cozumel.  We went to Money Bar on our own.  Our waiter told us there have not been that many cruise ships he said one per week.  Starting this week he said there will be one per day.  Our Carnival cruise had several excursions in Cozumel.

4 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

We have a cruise booked for Cozumel in December and there are only 2 available excursions.  Wondering if they are all booked or if Cozumel is tightening restrictions 

I think the restrictions are from the cruise ships.

Cozumel is still at orange as it has been for some months which means reduced capacity and mask mandate in public areas.

https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/semaforo-de-riesgo-epidemiologico-del-30-de-agosto-al-5-de-septiembre/

This is updated weekly, check back nearer your cruise.

Edited by c-leg5

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I think the restrictions are from the cruise ships.

Cozumel is still at orange as it has been for some months which means reduced capacity and mask mandate in public areas.

https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/semaforo-de-riesgo-epidemiologico-del-30-de-agosto-al-5-de-septiembre/

This is updated weekly, check back nearer your cruise.

thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, KimmieTN said:

If you are vaccinated and on a Carnival cruise ship, you can do independent excursions.  I know that Mr. Sanchos is operating at less than full capacity.  

Again, criteria varies from port to port, cruise line to cruise line - changing all the time.

Forecast is for Cozumel to change to yellow next week so restrictions easing - still reduced capacity but higher than it was.

However with the limited number of ships and reduced number of passengers I don’t foresee any of  the beach clubs reaching capacity anytime soon.