NCL Epic Deck 14 layout

Two_UW_Badgers

We are trying the Epic for the first time next year with two kids who will utilize Splash Academy and another couple (two cabins). We have previously traveled on the Escape a few times as well as the Breakaway and Sky.

I have a few questions about Deck 14 after looking at the NCL Epic deck plans

- Is the entrance to Splash Academy near the forward stairs/elevator bank or from the starboard hallway?

- Are the midship restrooms adjacent to Splash Academy for the Splash Academy kids or able to be entered from the starboard hallway?

- How are the port midship cabins (14054-14096) accessed? Is the only way to take the hallway from the starboard side? If so, the port cabins do not seem desirable, correct?

- Where in the cabins are the adjoining doors located (one family will have the bed near the balcony and the other with the bed near the door).

Thank you in advance!

51 minutes ago, Two_UW_Badgers said:

Bump in case any Epic experts are around

Bumping
Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:18 PM, Two_UW_Badgers said:

We are trying the Epic for the first time next year with two kids who will utilize Splash Academy and another couple (two cabins). We have previously traveled on the Escape a few times as well as the Breakaway and Sky.

I have a few questions about Deck 14 after looking at the NCL Epic deck plans

- Is the entrance to Splash Academy near the forward stairs/elevator bank or from the starboard hallway?

- Are the midship restrooms adjacent to Splash Academy for the Splash Academy kids or able to be entered from the starboard hallway?

- How are the port midship cabins (14054-14096) accessed? Is the only way to take the hallway from the starboard side? If so, the port cabins do not seem desirable, correct?

- Where in the cabins are the adjoining doors located (one family will have the bed near the balcony and the other with the bed near the door).

Thank you in advance!

I almost answered when you posted this, but wasn't 100% certain, so I decided not to.  However, since you have not received a reply yet, I'll add my 2 cents.  So the posting bump was effective.  I've been on the Epic twice, but don't have the details memorized.

1. I'm almost positive the entrance to Splash Academy is from the stair/elevator bank area.  I've never been on a ship where they would place such a feature off of a hallway that was otherwise just for cabin entry.

2. I'm almost positive the restrooms would be dedicated for Splash Academy members and not open to the cabin hallway.  I've never been on a ship where a public restroom was located on a cabin hallway such at this.

3. From the deck plan, I would agree that the access way to those cabins is via the hallway from the starboard side.  Whether that is desirable or not is a matter of preference.  The hallway would likely be very quiet and not full of people walking by all the time.  Some might not mind that.

4. I don't recall where the adjoining cabin doors are placed.  Sorry. 

• Thanks 2

@MeHeartCruisingis correct for 1, 2, 3.

As for 4. I read in some post long ago that the connecting doors are situated next to the balcony sliding doors. This means the 2/3 wardrobe and 3 drawers next to balcony are removed for the doors in both cabins.

DSCN6551.thumb.JPG.80183f10db0eaa5edfb129645fc5f68a.JPG

Fret not! There are loads of storage space in Epic cabins. The best storage on all NCL ships I think. Remember this was taken in 2010, and I'm sure the decor has changed since then.

I have attached a link to better deck plans that is easier to the eyes .... Norwegian Epic Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

Lastly, please be aware that there is a difference between adjoining and connecting .... Connecting cabins means they are next to one other and accessible via the internal connecting doors. Adjoining cabins are just next to one other, that's it, no internal doors. So be careful when you book with an agent - connecting, not adjoining.

• Thanks 2