Have you cruised/traveled internationally within 14 days before a recent MSC cruise?

Heather1972

I will have cruised with Celebrity just before my MSC cruise on September 13. Yes I am vaccinated and will have a covid test taken at my expense per their rules. So, those who have traveled internationally or cruised right before a recent MSC cruise and marked on the health questionnaire that you have done that within 14 days of their MSC cruise, did they give you any trouble about that?

Edited by Heather1972

28 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

health questionnaire that you have done that within 14 days of their MSC cruise

My understanding is the questionnaire was adopted by the Cruise Line Trade Assoc members as a "best practice" to help the health professionals who are doing the screening at the pier try to understand when someone tested "positive" on their antigen (or who exhibits classic symptoms at pier) has a significant probability of having been exposed to Covid recently.  Similar to when your doctors office asks for "past medical history".

If you exhibit symptoms at the pier or test positive on a pier test, the questionnaire may guide them into what they should do next as far as confirmation testing, etc.

Having said that, with all the countries that are now being declared "red flag", if you have recently been in one of those "red flags", I wonder if some countries / POCs may tell the cruise line you cannot debark even if you are vaxed, etc.?

Curious if there is someone who has experienced that.

Hello, I can tell you what happened to my wife and I recently for this situation (but carnival not MSC).  We went to and all inclusive in Mexico and after 14 days back we went on the Carnival Vista.   We answer yes to the question because it was the 14th day.   We got pulled from the check in line and had to go to a separate area where we were told we have to test for COVID.  No problem we understood the precaution.  Then they told us it would be $150 a piece.  So we did of course it was negative.  Not sure what MSC will do with this answer but since they are all following the same guidelines this might give you an indication of what will happen.

We just returned from the Meraviglia on Monday. I’m an airline pilot and I had traveled internationally for work in the last 14 days so I answered “yes” to that question. 

To answer your question, nothing significant happened. When the agent reviewed the questionnaire, he asked me where I’d been and the nature of my travels. Then he just waved me through. Nothing more. 

I don’t know if no further protocols were required because my trips where not for leisure or because of the destinations I’d been to, but I was relieved that answering “yes” to this question didn’t have any implications. 

• Like 2