Covid testing on board

disneykins

Will NCL provide a covid test on board that I can use for my flight home? Is there a charge? Our flight is early afternoon from Miami but I don't want to stress about getting a test in Miami before the flight? 

In Feb. 2022, we will be getting off the Joy and boarding the Escape later the same day. Will NCL give us a test on the Joy that we can use to board the Escape? Again, is there a cost?

I know everything could change by spring but I'm just wondering what the situation is right now.

Thanks,

Tony

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Thanks for the reply and link. It seems they will cover it for a flight home but not if we have other travel plans. I wonder if they would make an exception since our travel plans are to go to another NCL ship?

Tony

4 minutes ago, disneykins said:

Thanks for the reply and link. It seems they will cover it for a flight home but not if we have other travel plans. I wonder if they would make an exception since our travel plans are to go to another NCL ship?

Tony

Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't NCL just require you to take their antigen test as part of the check-in for the Escape? And then you take a (free) PCR test while on  board the Escape to cover the return-to-Canada requirement?

3 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't NCL just require you to take their antigen test as part of the check-in for the Escape? And then you take a (free) PCR test while on  board the Escape to cover the return-to-Canada requirement?

That would make sense, but I think the Escape will require a PCR test taken in the last 72 hours (might have changed that to 48 hours) before administering the Antigen test to check in at the pier. It might be easier to change to back to back on the Joy. I don't think we would need those tests if were staying on for a second week.

Tony

20 minutes ago, disneykins said:

That would make sense, but I think the Escape will require a PCR test taken in the last 72 hours (might have changed that to 48 hours) before administering the Antigen test to check in at the pier. It might be easier to change to back to back on the Joy. I don't think we would need those tests if were staying on for a second week.

Tony

Is that PCR test 48/72 hours before check-in a requirement specific to the Escape? Or specific to boarding in Miami? I haven't heard anything about that (other than the 'recommended' PCR or antigen test within 72 hours in order to have NCL cover quarantine costs if needed) but admittedly I stopped keeping a close eye on Miami departures once we changed our booking from the Joy to the Encore.

18 minutes ago, Sixtytwo said:

Nope, that is a CDC guideline and the cruise lines have adopted the 48 hour timeframe for the test.

But NCL is doing testing as part of embarkation (whereas some other cruise lines are requiring each passenger get tested at their own expense 48 hours before embarkation).

OP seemed to be asking if they needed to take a COVID test while on board the Norwegian Joy in order to then board the Norwegian Escape; I haven't seen anything in NCL's Sail Safe policies to indicate that a separate PCR test is required, only the NCL-provided antigen tests as part of boarding each sailing.

• Like 1