Baltimore port parking

nina_930

I saw on another thread that parking was difficult when you get to Baltimore port for the first arrival time because you have to wait until the arriving cruise passengers disembark.  I am trying to board first time available.  What are other's experiences?  Do they make you wait in line to park until everyone leaves?  Are we better off parking off site?  Thanks!

Where did you see that??  Are you planning to arrive super-early?

Prior to set arrival times, we usually arrived 11am or later, and have had no problem parking.  However, if you were to get there before there is a space available, due to everyone still just getting off the ship, I imagine you could be asked to wait.

I think it would be foolish to consider parking elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Where did you see that??  Are you planning to arrive super-early?

Prior to set arrival times, we usually arrived 11am or later, and have had no problem parking.  However, if you were to get there before there is a space available, due to everyone still just getting off the ship, I imagine you could be asked to wait.

I think it would be foolish to consider parking elsewhere.

From what it sounds like, the first arrival slot is 10 so we were going to get there at 9:30ish

15 hours ago, nina_930 said:

I saw on another thread that parking was difficult when you get to Baltimore port for the first arrival time because you have to wait until the arriving cruise passengers disembark.  I am trying to board first time available.  What are other's experiences?  Do they make you wait in line to park until everyone leaves?  Are we better off parking off site?  Thanks!

Bare in mind the world has changed so I will answer regarding our previous experience. We have sailed from Baltimore many, many times through the years. I will start by noting that Baltimore has the best parking arrangement bar none. They have TWO lots, each dedicated to a ship when two ships are sailing from Baltimore on separate days, Carnival and RCL. If you arrive way early you may be held up until lot cleared, doesn't take long since ship disembarks early. They stage three lines side by side then start to feed you in once lot is available. As you drive in there are luggage carts and handlers. You stop don't even have to get out of car if you don't want, take it right from trunk or cargo area. You make a right drive to cashier, pay, make right follow directions park. Get your carry on's and walk to terminal about a minute walk.

You will see in photo you enter at top go around to luggage carts then to cashier and park. In this photo you will see collapsed gangway. That happened in 2016 no one was on it thankfully. Workers truck got crushed though and took couple years to get new one.IMG_6151.thumb.jpeg.22f25e0141676b87af177b15385ad20c.jpegIMG_6151.thumb.jpeg.22f25e0141676b87af177b15385ad20c.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can also answer for pre-COVID.  We were once late arriving (on the ship) coming back into Baltimore.  They held up traffic coming into the lot until spaces opened up by those leaving.  Since there was only one entrance to the lot our uber (who had passengers on board for the follow on cruise) could not get in to pick up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, nina_930 said:

From what it sounds like, the first arrival slot is 10 so we were going to get there at 9:30ish

Do you have your assigned check in time yet?  Don't know what ship you'll be on, but Royal Caribbean has been pretty strict with check in times (they were in August when I sailed on Allure.)  Either way, 9:30 is far too early to arrive.  You'll be sitting in a line waiting for debarking passengers to exit the parking lot.  From my experience (and I've taken 20+ cruises from Baltimore) arriving at around 11:00 is a good time.  Just IMHO.

• Like 1