CAS Balcony discount

MISSGJ

Hi all,

Does the CAS Balcony discount increase with tier? The reason I ask as I have just completed a cruise that moved me to Emerald however the points have not been credited yet and I am still showing Platinum. I booked a cruise for 2022 today and wonder if the system still classed me as Platinum for the discount and if that matters. 
Warm wishes. 

23 minutes ago, Deez123 said:

Good info.   Thanks.   The discounts still make me laugh though.   If there is any other sale going, the CAS discount is reduced.   I don't think RCL understand the concept of "loyalty" and getting something more for it.  🙂

Agree

• Thanks 1

Question - I have a B2B booked in December. Our first cruise will make us platinum. Could I have my TA call when we are on the first cruise to get the $100 balcony discount applied to our account (I am assuming in OBC since it would be so close)? 

2 minutes ago, Jenna said:

Question - I have a B2B booked in December. Our first cruise will make us platinum. Could I have my TA call when we are on the first cruise to get the $100 balcony discount applied to our account (I am assuming in OBC since it would be so close)? 

If there's a LA (loyalty ambassador) onboard go ask them to do it...You'll get a quicker adjustment (answer if that's possible) that way I believe.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

If there's a LA (loyalty ambassador) onboard go ask them to do it...You'll get a quicker adjustment (answer if that's possible) that way I believe.

Thanks! Would you suggest to talk to them on the first cruise or the second (since we technically don’t become platinum until the moment the first leg ends)? 

13 hours ago, Jenna said:

Thanks! Would you suggest to talk to them on the first cruise or the second (since we technically don’t become platinum until the moment the first leg ends)? 

Talk to them towards the end of the first leg and see what options you have available.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I thought I read recently that in order to apply a "stepped up" CAS balcony discount, the booking has to be repriced.  Am I remembering correctly?

I will be in the same situation, but moving from D to D+, so only a $25 difference.

But there's no harm in checking this once onboard...you never know.