NCL Cruiser looking for the Low Down

zerooveride

9 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Ah. It might just be the times that I've been looking. Not really a book years in advance type of person. To be fair I also only usually get a balcony if it's a good deal. But on one upcoming cruise the JS is just shy of twice as much as a balcony. Definitely can't say I've seen it in the rage you were talking when I've looked. 

I know I can get a JS on RCCL for about what a Balcony over on NCL during the same time period. 

Also, even the balconies seem to be much bigger than on NCL. Anyones thoughts on cabin size? I was just on the Encore in a Mini-Suite and it felt smaller than my balcony on Pride of America. 

I see your questions are answered, so I just will add. We have 16 with RCI and 9 with NCL.  I prefer RCI, but we take NCL cruise once a year or two. We find RCI and especially Anthem to be much better choice than anything NCL has for cold weather. Anthem has the best solarium on high sea., also inside family pool. Ship is basically build for cold weather.

As for cabin size we sailed in regular balcony on Anthem and NCL Breakaway. Balcony on NCL is larger than smallish insides, but I thought Anthem's balcony room was really large. I consisted of sleeping and seating areas. Both were decent size

Edited by Tatka

3 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

I know I can get a JS on RCCL for about what a Balcony over on NCL during the same time period. 

Also, even the balconies seem to be much bigger than on NCL. Anyones thoughts on cabin size? I was just on the Encore in a Mini-Suite and it felt smaller than my balcony on Pride of America. 

I haven't done suites. I would say the balcony rooms are comparable - but I'm also not shoving a ton of people in there. NCL's studios are fine for me - so the times I've done balconies they're downright roomy lol. Looking at deck plans the basic balcony on NCL has a bit more sf inside than the basic Royal balcony.  As for balcony sizes - there are some on NCL that are smaller than usual.