Passport needed to reboard ship?

if you're worried, dont take a non cruise excursion. If you get robbed (more likely than losing), would you rather give them your sail and sign card and license or your passport.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

There is no perfect solution to every imaginable problem that can be dreamed up. At the beginning of the cruise the cruise director tells you what is required for you to get back on the ship. He also tells you to leave your passport in your safe. The reason is that if you lose it, you will not get back into the US. Make a copy if you're so worried.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

Actually I make 3 copies one I keep at home, one I give to a relative and one I lock in the ships safe.

What is a passport for,proof of citizenship to enter and leave this or any other country and for identification. Present a copy to an official of any country and they will laugh at you. The only good a copy will do is to expidite getting the passport replaced.

I have been on eight cruises and I have never heard the CD say leave your passport in your safe. We were on the Imagination 4/22 and we took our passports with us. We were told to take our sign and sail card and a photo id with us.

Imagination 04/04

Legend 12/03

Imagination 03/03

Pride 07/02

Inspiration 08/01

Paradise 12/00

Holiday Summer 87

Big Red Boat(Royale)Summer 86

Never heard this from a CD either. Again, I think it's just a balancing of risks - the risk you might lose it or have it stolen versus the risk you might need it. And you are right, if you need it, a copy won't work.

One thing I ead once which is cleaver is to scan a copy of the pace of your Passport and email it to yourself at a yahoo,hotmail etc address . PDF file best.

If you get stuck you can at least have the proper info to get back!

I'm with the "make several copies, but take the original ashore with you." If you run into an emergency of any sort while ashore and miss the ship, just having a paper copy of your passport is going to do squat.

I always take my passport with me when I go ashore. It's not going to do me any good if it's in the ship's safe and I miss the ship. Also, on the cruises I've taken, I've never heard a CD say not take it with you when you go into port.

Atom.gif

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

I just got off the PRIDE last Sunday and I don't remember the CD saying anything of the sort.

Some people are just too BUSY to remember to make copies of their passports and take them with them. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Although a copy may not allow you passage from one country to another (which is really what they are for), it will at least indicate that there is in fact a person of the same name as you that has a passport...Better than NOTHING! icon_wink.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Archived