Far East Horizons Oct 2022

budisal

My wife (Joy), our adult son(Jordan) and I (Al) will be taking this voyage on the Orion next October. It’s a 35th birthday gift for our son. 
I would like to hear from any others on this voyage. This is our first Viking Ocean cruise and anything I can learn ahead of time would be appreciated. 
we are from Markham, Ontario, Canada. 

1 hour ago, budisal said:

My wife (Joy), our adult son(Jordan) and I (Al) will be taking this voyage on the Orion next October. It’s a 35th birthday gift for our son. 
I would like to hear from any others on this voyage. This is our first Viking Ocean cruise and anything I can learn ahead of time would be appreciated. 
we are from Markham, Ontario, Canada. 

Check out the roll calls to find others on your cruise and check the Tips for new Viking cruisers.

I found two Orion Far East October roll calls:

We were on the first sailing of Far East Horizons and it was a spectacular cruise.  Everything Japan is amazing and the excursions really gave you a great understanding of the Japanese culture.

For me, it was quite emotional visiting Nagasaki and Hiroshima and their Peace Memorials.  I felt a rush of emotion come over me when we were at these sites.  Listening to the guides and hearing the true stories of what happened was something I will never forget.

We also got to see Mount Fuji clearly for two days in a row.  This was quite spectacular.

I can go on and on, but if there is something specific that you are looking for in information, please ask.

Budsial and JeriGail - there were actually three threads for this cruise.  I worked with the Cruise Critic Help Desk to shut down two of the three, but now you have started yet another one!  I would strongly urge you to make all future posts to the thread entitled Viking Orion October 13, 2022 Far East Horizons (14 day) & SE Asia Horizons (28 day).  It is the only way we are going to be able to keep the posts consolidated.  

If you are trying to start a new thread strictly for people moving from Viking River to Viking Ocean that is a different story, but you need to title it accordingly.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, tvlbum said:

How did you reach Cruise Critic Help? I tried that and Jenn has her message feature shut down.

There is no private messaging on Cruise Critic. The feature is part of the third-party platform that CC uses and cannot be removed; it appears for all of us but it has been set so that it can't be used by anyone.

The only way to reach any of the Cruise Critic staff is by e-mail. See