Just disembarked NCL Epic Sunday

Krydstosser

I was on the same cruise and hell no I would never sail on the Epic again. that bathroom layout is atrocious.  There was a coffee pot and the nearest plug was under the counter and the cord wasn't long enough to reach to plug it in so I had to hold the coffee pot while it made coffee.   

Edited by CruizinKittie40
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nicky Mouse said:

Can you tell me about the keycards? Were they proximity for the doors, or did you have to insert them into the door to get into the cabin?

It's proximity, you don't have to insert the card. May I ask why you care about this? 🙂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, _Mr.G_ said:

It's proximity, you don't have to insert the card. May I ask why you care about this? 🙂

By all means!

I normally punch a home in my cards and wear on a lanyard. Have never been on a big ship until last week with the Encore. Since I couldn’t punch hole in card, found Amazon things to still attach card to lanyard but allow for doors and bar swipes. Also made friends of bartenders handing out extracts of clip thingys that they loved. So, plann8ng to be on Epic for b2b starting Nov 11 and wanted to confirm that I should bring clip thingys. 

edit: I bought three diff versions of card lanyard clips things. On the Encore the insert into slot for lights to work thing precluded one of them so I learned things. 

Edited by Nicky Mouse

34 minutes ago, Nicky Mouse said:

By all means!

I normally punch a home in my cards and wear on a lanyard. Have never been on a big ship until last week with the Encore. Since I couldn’t punch hole in card, found Amazon things to still attach card to lanyard but allow for doors and bar swipes. Also made friends of bartenders handing out extracts of clip thingys that they loved. So, plann8ng to be on Epic for b2b starting Nov 11 and wanted to confirm that I should bring clip thingys. 

edit: I bought three diff versions of card lanyard clips things. On the Encore the insert into slot for lights to work thing precluded one of them so I learned things. 

Dude, please link to the clip thingies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicky Mouse said:

By all means!

That makes sense! I just double checked, it's definitely proximity. I have a little ritual as I take a photo of all our cabin doors/numbers - you can see the door and lock in the photo.

Epic11043.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

Dude, please link to the clip thingies.

option 1, which the bartenders really liked, but doesn’t work for the slot in the room on Encore to keep cabin lights on. (Although any card will work in that slot, it’s a sensor not a reader)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JN11TW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

option 2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GLOUR6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

option 3: and best bang for the buck: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BDPLMQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 2