Has anyone done the Azamara cruise where you are in Sydney on New Years Eve?

lahore

Hi all.  Despite having had a spot of trouble on two Azamara cruises (some of you will remember me well), in the end both came out OK in the long run and I've decided to see if I can be three times lucky.  I have booked Azamara Perth to Sydney for Xmas 2022.  Maybe ships will be allowed back into Australian waters by then, we can only hope.   So that leads me to ask, has anyone been on Azamara in Sydney Harbour for New Years Eve?  As you are no doubt well aware, Sydney puts on a pretty spectacular Fire Work display on NYE.  The ship will be in White Bay, so I'm wondering if you could see anything at all, or if (wouldn't this be great) the ship was allowed to move out into the Harbour a little for the event?  Would love to hear from anyone with experience.   TIA, and hope all are well and happy - I see some familiar names are still here.  Cheers to all.

We did this on Quest, 2019. I shot video from Deck 10 Hope the link works:

The show was longer than the video. We are looking at the "back" of the bridge, i.e. not the side with the date on. They famously got it wrong that year anyway! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, uktog said:

The ship does not move, you can see a little from the upper decks or you go to town to see it closer in. Some guests book packages for dinner cruises privately 

Hi,  yes thought that the ship moving would be way too much to ask for.  We hate crowds so won't be going anywhere.  Thanks for the response. 

11 hours ago, albertb said:

We did this on Quest, 2019. I shot video from Deck 10 Hope the link works:

The show was longer than the video. We are looking at the "back" of the bridge, i.e. not the side with the date on. They famously got it wrong that year anyway! 

Oh that's brilliant, thank you.  Much better than I had envisaged.  Most certainly that will do us.  Now I'm excited.  Just got to stay alive for another 14 months! 

Edited by lahore

Looking at this cruise too.  Have been in Sydney for NYE but stayed within walking distance, unless there was a shuttle back to the ship I think transport back to White Bay could be a problem.  Like you, I dislike crowds so would stay on board.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have an update for NYE 2023?

we will be docked at WB4 which is the temporary dock behind the main terminal.  View would not be possible.

wondering if they allow you to move up to the main terminal for a better view or even better would be if Azamara found a way to make this evening special for the overnighting guests.

anyone have experience from 2022?