Interested in the NCL Joy--what's it like?

suennorm

I have sailed on many of the NCL ships, but never the Joy; the largest one I have been on is the Breakaway and it was "okay" but not my favorite. I prefer the smaller ships but sometimes the Joy is the only one sailing to my preferred destination. Looking for advice--thanks.

For those who have sailed on it, does it feel crowded? Are there long waits for elevators? Is it easy to navigate? The Breakaway is a large ship but lounge areas were small, certain venues were literally on top of one another, Atrium area was often crowded. Stateroom/bath was very nice however, and outdoor areas were okay. I have been spoiled by The Great Outdoors on the Gem.

1 hour ago, suennorm said:

For those who have sailed on it, does it feel crowded? Are there long waits for elevators? Is it easy to navigate? The Breakaway is a large ship but lounge areas were small, certain venues were literally on top of one another, Atrium area was often crowded. Stateroom/bath was very nice however, and outdoor areas were okay. I have been spoiled by The Great Outdoors on the Gem.

If I recall, elevator wait times were shorter on the Joy than on any of my other breakaway/+ sailings. 

20 hours ago, suennorm said:

My NCL travel agent told me that the December 2021 Joy sailing will be at 60% passenger capacity.  Hopefully, the ship will not feel as crowded.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, laedw said:

My NCL travel agent told me that the December 2021 Joy sailing will be at 60% passenger capacity.  Hopefully, the ship will not feel as crowded.  

Hope Nov 20 & 27 is 60% or less, too.

• Like 2