How far out for flight booking information?

Mikiejag

I need to set up a flight from hometown to Chicago, but only the dates are showing up right now.

Its a February 12, 2022 cruise, but wanted to get the flight information as soon as possible.  Do they know this information before they post It?

Or do I just schedule the flight the night before and the next day?  I have always booked my own flights so I am new to letting them book It.

Are you waiting for NCL to assign you flights? Is that what you are asking? I just called the flight department a couple of days ago to set up some flight deviations (one day pre and 2 days post cruise). Otherwise they were going to fly us from Boise to New Orleans on the day of our cruise which seems to be what they generally do if they feel like they can get you there in time ie shorter domestic flights. The customer service agent told me that actual flights are not assigned until 45-55 days before your cruise. Hope that helps.

Edited by Cruisinforabruisin1978

If you're asking when do you find out your NCL booked flight information, the general pattern has been for people to receive an email with the details just after final payment, at about 55 days before sailing. My flight dates, but no details are all that are listed on my reservation on NCL's website or app, so don't rely on seeing the info there, watch for an email. 

I did see the general locations, e.g. chi-ord, 12 Feb...But no times or anything, I am still 130 days out, was curious if NCL would give out the details or if they simply do not have them at all.

Fairly certain that It is united, they have a flight that matches. ORD-EWR-CHI.  Do they often change the initial information?  Or could I at least count on that same flight information?

8 hours ago, Mikiejag said:

Fairly certain that It is united, they have a flight that matches. ORD-EWR-CHI.  Do they often change the initial information?  Or could I at least count on that same flight information?

Do a search for one of the MANY threads on this topic (usually related to the free at sea perk) and you'll find that NCL sometimes will put a placeholder but the info will change if a better or cheaper flight is found.  When I used it in 2019 I had a placeholder showing me flying through one airport but when the flights were booked that got changed (partially because I was traveling with another reservation from the same "gateway" airport so they eventually booked us on the same flight).

10 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

If you're asking when do you find out your NCL booked flight information, the general pattern has been for people to receive an email with the details just after final payment, at about 55 days before sailing. My flight dates, but no details are all that are listed on my reservation on NCL's website or app, so don't rely on seeing the info there, watch for an email. 

I’m glad you mentioned the flights showing on the reservation summary online.  While they don’t have actual flight information I did discover on our return flight they list my wife as flying from LA to Denver and then to St. Louis while they list me as flying directly from LA to St. Louis.  I’ll be calling NCL today to get that straightened out.  Surely they wouldn’t put us on different flights home would they?

@Oakman58 if you don't have actual confirmation numbers they are just placeholders.  If you have the same reservation number for the cruise and you chose the same "gateway" airport you should be on the same flights.

There are also the promo terms (I have this favorited now since nobody seems able or willing to go find it) https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions that say this

All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1