QR code - COVID 19 Vaccinations, iOS 15 Health App

Coral

After more research - pharmacies and US and Canadian governments (several of them) are using the Smart Health Card standard which is part of the Common Trust Network. The Common Trust Network is based in NY and Switzerland. It is a standard which many airlines use - Amadeus, ANA, Cathay Pacific, JetBlue, JAL, Lufthansa, Qantas, SITA, Swiss, United Airlines 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210414005284/en/CommonTrust-Network-Expands-to-Cover-32-Countries-Enabling-Trusted-Health-Data-for-Global-Travel

It does sound like Common Trust Network which uses the Smart Health card standard competes with the Digital COVID Certificate that Europe is working with.

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/10/10/no-your-cdc-vaccination-card-isnt-good-enough-for-singapore-heres-what-proof-you-need-for-quarantine-free-travel/ 

It sounds like it is a matter of time before which standard wins out or if we will be working with a few different standards. It would make sense if the Common Trust Network and Digital COVID Certificate would combine and accept each others information.

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

After more research - pharmacies and US and Canadian governments (several of them) are using the Smart Health Card standard which is part of the Common Trust Network. The Common Trust Network is based in NY and Switzerland. It is a standard which many airlines use - Amadeus, ANA, Cathay Pacific, JetBlue, JAL, Lufthansa, Qantas, SITA, Swiss, United Airlines 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210414005284/en/CommonTrust-Network-Expands-to-Cover-32-Countries-Enabling-Trusted-Health-Data-for-Global-Travel

It does sound like Common Trust Network which uses the Smart Health card standard competes with the Digital COVID Certificate that Europe is working with.

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/10/10/no-your-cdc-vaccination-card-isnt-good-enough-for-singapore-heres-what-proof-you-need-for-quarantine-free-travel/ 

It sounds like it is a matter of time before which standard wins out or if we will be working with a few different standards. It would make sense if the Common Trust Network and Digital COVID Certificate would combine and accept each others information.

This may in fact happen, but as of now, only QR codes most of the EU/Schengen/EFTA countries are accepting are theirs.  There is a very good reason many of the countries are resisting acceptance of other vaccination proofs.  As I mentioned earlier, not all European countries are giving out their QR codes with US vaccinations.  The Netherlands is requiring daily testing for US (and other tourists) unless you obtain another EU QR code (from Switzerland, for example).  One good reason, especially in regard to those who receive vaccinations in US (and probably other countries as well) is that the "proof" is mostly not robust and often not able to be verified.  For example, when I received my first dose, nobody checked my ID ajd the CDC card with the vaccine information was filled out without my name and I was asked to fill that part out on my own after I get home.

As long as US and other countries start get their act together on the seriousness of proper vaccination protocols, as it related to documentation, there will always be a big question mark over any vaccination records coming out of US, whether it is digitized or not.

9 minutes ago, Psoque said:

For example, when I received my first dose, nobody checked my ID ajd the CDC card with the vaccine information was filled out without my name and I was asked to fill that part out on my own after I get home.

I had to show my ID and insurance card when I got my vaccines. They did fill out my white card. I agree that we have to do better. The fact that the US (and many states) is not backing any digital vaccine standard makes life difficult. My state is anti vaccine passport standard. It is too bad that many state governments and federal government are not participating. If they did - we would be in a much better place.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My DH and I have the Lucca app and QR code on our phone, which we were able to get when presenting our CDC vaccination cards to a German pharmacy in October. Does anyone know it the Lucca App is recognized by other European countries? We have a river cruise in late April and will be visiting ports in France. After the cruise, we will be traveling to Germany and Hungary. Of course, we will have our vaccination cards with us.   

Luca App is more or less not used anymore. Get the Covid Warn App or the CovPass App. In both you can scan in your QR codes you got from the pharmacy. Both are the offical apps (Luca is a private funded app). Both are accepted all over EU.

steamboats

• Like 1